Hana
    Hi! Nice to meet you :D
    1. Jaysen
      Jaysen
      Welcome Hana!
      Mar 29, 2019
  3. Helena
    Helena Jaysen
    Sorry to bother you, I cannot seem to get on to TCLA Premium after you kindly awarded it today. Can you help? Perhaps I need to make the payment? Thanks
  4. Natasha Cooper
    Natasha Cooper Jaysen
    Hi Jaysen, I am thinking about purchasing a mock interview- would I be able to have it before Monday as that is when my interview is, I just wanted to check before pay.

Thank you in advance,

Natasha Cooper
  5. Abhaya Ganashree
    Abhaya Ganashree Jaysen
    Hi Jaysen,

I'm in my final year at Uni and an international student. I'm finding it hard to get past the application stage and have received 7/13 rejections so far this application season. As my visa is also set to expire soon, I was hoping you could help me with an application which I could then model other applications on?
    Thanks in advance
    1. Jaysen
      Jaysen
      Jan 30, 2019
  6. Marco Mendola
    Marco Mendola
    Hi there!
    1. Jaysen likes this.
  7. SpaceGirl
    SpaceGirl Nicole
    Hi Nicole,
    I remember you responded to a GDL question of some sort and wanted to ask you about the GDL past papers. How in the world do I access them on the ULaw Elite site?

How did you find the Legal method exam?

Thanks!
    1. Nicole
      Nicole
      Hey SpaceGirl!

I did go to ULaw but for the LPC not GDL (I studied law).

Sorry i can't be much use. You may not be able to access them because the term hasn't started (but I can't say for sure).
      Sep 15, 2018
      SpaceGirl likes this.
    2. SpaceGirl
      SpaceGirl
      Thanks for your response! :)
      Sep 15, 2018
  8. Ginevra Bizzarri
    Ginevra Bizzarri Christy
    Hey Christy! Just read your article and I thought it was great :)
    1. Christy and Jaysen like this.
    2. Christy
      Christy
      Hi Ginevra,

Thank you! That is very kind of you. I hope it was somewhat helpful!
      Sep 15, 2018
      Ginevra Bizzarri likes this.
  9. jaz
    jaz
    What suggestions would you give (ie: websites, other resources) when it comes to doing research on a firm's competitive advantage?
    1. Jaysen
      Jaysen
      Sep 11, 2018
  10. ASkudder
    ASkudder Ginevra Bizzarri
    Great article, Ginny!

I was wondering: would you advise reapplying to a firm you had previously been rejected from? Asking for a friend.

Keep up the good work
    1. Christy and Jaysen like this.
    2. SameerS
      SameerS
      If I may add something quickly -

Some firms have a policy not to re-interview applicants such as Jones Day and Linklaters.

However, many other big firms such NRF are very open to applicants re-applying, and it is a big plus because you have already developed a nuanced view of that firm which is very specific so it helps a lot to re-apply.
      Sep 11, 2018
      ASkudder and P. Dybala like this.
    3. Ginevra Bizzarri
      Ginevra Bizzarri
      Hi Alex, thank you! I am glad you enjoyed my article :)
      In terms of reapplying to firms you have already been rejected from I would say follow Sameer's advice.
      However I have advice in terms of quality/quantity of applications. Last cycle I think I applied to about 11 places. and looking back I realize that quality was lacking from some of them. So this year I am thinking of narrowing down the applications to 5/6.
      Sep 12, 2018
      Sandrou, ASkudder and SameerS like this.
  11. Christy
    Christy Nicole
    Hi Nicole,

What is the best way to send you a headshot?

Thanks! x
    1. Nicole
      Nicole
      Hey Christy,

If you click on my picture, you should see an option to "start a conversation". This will send me a private message and you can upload the photo there.

Thanks for checking!

Nicole
      Sep 1, 2018
  12. Christy
    Christy NAremu
    Hi NAremu, I noticed you had interviewed at CC, Kirkland & Linklaters - congratulations! I am starting my law degree this October, so I recognise this is early days for me, but I want to get a head-start really. How do you think I can best prepare for the application process?
    1. View previous comments...
    2. NAremu
      NAremu
      I suggest you have your applications reviewed by someone if you can. You could also send your first applications to firms that aren't your favourites. Even first year schemes seem to be super competitive.
      Aug 23, 2018
    3. Christy
      Christy
      That seems to be the case. Unfortunately it seems that the firms that are at the top of my list have the earliest deadlines - which is frustrating. So I suppose reviews would be the best way to go!
      Aug 24, 2018
    4. NAremu
      NAremu
      Ah yes bit of a catch 22. Best to apply well in advance of the deadline for your chosen firms but that means you don't get much time to practice!
      Aug 28, 2018
  13. klc009
    klc009 Jaysen
    Hi Jaysen,

How can I go about setting up a mock interview please?

Many thanks in advance
    1. Kim LD likes this.
  14. Denisa Olaru
    Denisa Olaru Nicole
    Re White & Case: the focus is on your application form, then why W&C, why law, some normal competency questions + a number of questions about what the trainee role involves and trying to assess your response to typical situations trainees might find themselves in
    1. Nicole
      Nicole
      Lovely thanks Denisa :)
      Mar 7, 2018
      Denisa Olaru likes this.