New Profile Posts

1. Pavla
  2. Hayaam
    Hayaam arcnor
    Hi arcnor,

I read you had an AC with A&O recently- I am sure you did amazingly! If its okay with you- can you advise me for the preparation for the case study? Since its my first AC and as a non-law student, I am not sure what to expect and prepare. I have already planned on reading up on M&A basics, shareholder rights, balance sheets etc. Is there anything else? Any advice/tips would be great

Thanks alot!
  3. Mawao
    Mawao
    What are the legal challenges facing local authority legal departments?
    1. Mawao
      Mawao
      Hi everyone I have an presentation to do for an interview and this is the question i have been given? Any advice?
      Nov 6, 2019
  4. arcnor
    arcnor Frank
    Hey check your conversations, was not able to respond to your message on my profile as there was a character limit!
    1. Jaysen likes this.
  5. Frank
    Frank arcnor
    Hi arcnor,

Have seen that you had an interview with A&O; hope you smashed it! If possible, may I please ask for your opinion on the interviews? If you could be specific that would be absolutely fantastic! I am particularly concerned about the case study + specific commercial awareness and 'why A&O' questions. That interview is extremely important to me; your insights would be extremely helpful.

Thanks very much!!
  6. Asha
    Asha Jessica Booker
    Hi Jessica,

I was informed today by Jaysen that I will be able to attend the crash course. With regards to reviewing applications, I understand that you required the applications by the 31st of October. As I received the confirmation today, is it possible for me to please email my application?

Thank you,
    Asha
    1. Jessica Booker
      Jessica Booker
      Hi Asha

Of course - not a problem if you have just found out you are attending.

Please send it to crashcourse@thecorporatelawacademy.com by 9.00am on Wednesday and I’ll have time to review it
      Nov 4, 2019
    2. Asha
      Asha
      Hi Jessica,

Apologies for replying to your message so late. I am still learning how to use the TCLA website and I did not know how to check if you had replied to my message. I understand that I missed the deadline you set for me but if you have the time and are willing to look at my application, I would really appreciate it!

Apologies again,
      Asha
      Nov 7, 2019
  7. Karin P
    Karin P Jaysen
    Hi Jaysen, I have a quick question. How does it work with getting application reviewed? :) Thank you
    1. View previous comments...
    2. Jaysen
      Jaysen
      Hi Karin - we only review the application questions at this point. (We find the work experience sections a bit too subjective/variable.)
      Oct 9, 2019
      Karin P likes this.
    3. Karin P
      Karin P
      Awesome, thank you! Just submitted my application for the review - thank you for doing this :)
      Oct 9, 2019
    4. Jaysen
      Jaysen
      Received, thanks! I'll return tomorrow with comments.
      Oct 9, 2019
  8. KS94
    KS94 Jaysen
    Hi Jaysen,

Quick meta question! - I remember when you started out on TSR someone mentioned that you based your idea of Corporate Law Academy off a similar concept in the Economics field. Do you know the site that they were referring to?

Thanks!
    1. Jaysen
      Jaysen
      Sep 22, 2019
  9. HayatAtLaw
    HayatAtLaw
    Future Trainee Solicitor at Linklaters
  10. jacky654
    jacky654 Naomi98
    Hi, have you heard back from Stephenson Harwood post-AC?
  11. Michelle
    Michelle
    Future Trainee
  12. Deborah
    Deborah
    Subscription
  13. Kelvin
    Kelvin
    Future Trainee Solicitor
  14. Hannah O
    Hannah O
    Hi! Nice to meet you :D
    1. Jaysen
      Jaysen
      Welcome Hana!
      Mar 29, 2019
      Hannah O likes this.
  15. Helena
    Helena Jaysen
    Sorry to bother you, I cannot seem to get on to TCLA Premium after you kindly awarded it today. Can you help? Perhaps I need to make the payment? Thanks
  16. Natasha Cooper
    Natasha Cooper Jaysen
    Hi Jaysen, I am thinking about purchasing a mock interview- would I be able to have it before Monday as that is when my interview is, I just wanted to check before pay.

Thank you in advance,

Natasha Cooper
  17. Abhaya Ganashree
    Abhaya Ganashree Jaysen
    Hi Jaysen,

I'm in my final year at Uni and an international student. I'm finding it hard to get past the application stage and have received 7/13 rejections so far this application season. As my visa is also set to expire soon, I was hoping you could help me with an application which I could then model other applications on?
    Thanks in advance
    1. Jaysen
      Jaysen
      Jan 30, 2019
  18. Marco Mendola
    Marco Mendola
    Hi there!
    1. Jaysen likes this.
  19. SpaceGirl
    SpaceGirl Nicole
    Hi Nicole,
    I remember you responded to a GDL question of some sort and wanted to ask you about the GDL past papers. How in the world do I access them on the ULaw Elite site?

How did you find the Legal method exam?

Thanks!
    1. Nicole
      Nicole
      Hey SpaceGirl!

I did go to ULaw but for the LPC not GDL (I studied law).

Sorry i can't be much use. You may not be able to access them because the term hasn't started (but I can't say for sure).
      Sep 15, 2018
      SpaceGirl likes this.
    2. SpaceGirl
      SpaceGirl
      Thanks for your response! :)
      Sep 15, 2018
  20. Ginevra Bizzarri
    Ginevra Bizzarri Christy
    Hey Christy! Just read your article and I thought it was great :)
    1. Christy and Jaysen like this.
    2. Christy
      Christy
      Hi Ginevra,

Thank you! That is very kind of you. I hope it was somewhat helpful!
      Sep 15, 2018
      Ginevra Bizzarri likes this.