TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    This is my first application cycle as a career changer (from finance), so it's all pretty new to me. But am I right in thinking that firms send out ac invites in waves, to what are presumably the most desirable candidates first. If the places get filled from this then so be it, if they dont, they hand out ac invites to the next banding of candidates.

Or is this my imagination..

Reactions: George Maxwell

aspiringlawyer123_

Legendary Member
    Dec 11, 2021
    It was a bit confusing, but once you login, go to the right side of the screen and there is a heading "Candidate Profile" and underneath a link to "Access my profile". Click on that and scroll down to basic profile information.
    My basic profile information only says employee status/schedule nothing about a score but says it was updated today?

Reactions: ellwilsen

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Does
    Hey guys, can I do the cool emoji thing for Akin Gump please? 😆

✅ - Received AC invite
    👍 - No news post-WG
    ❌ - PFO post-WG

I completed the WG in mid December and well exceeded my expectations on the score but have heard nothing. 😕
    I completed WG on Friday and emailed them about my WG score but no email reply about my score.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    This is my first application cycle as a career changer (from finance), so it's all pretty new to me. But am I right in thinking that firms send out ac invites in waves, to what are presumably the most desirable candidates first. If the places get filled from this then so be it, if they dont, they hand out ac invites to the next banding of candidates.

Or is this my imagination..
    Sometimes firms do this, but it's not always the case.

Reactions: Rob93 and sxw517
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.