TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

futuretraineecity

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Mar 2, 2020
Anyone that’s done the Mayer Brown proofreading assessment ahead of the AC, how many questions did you manage to get through? I didn’t realise there were so many until the end! 😬

ZaraB

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 13, 2020
Anyone that’s done the Mayer Brown proofreading assessment ahead of the AC, how many questions did you manage to get through? I didn’t realise there were so many until the end! 😬
I haven’t been sent the link yet! Would you mind letting me know when your AC is? 😊

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Can someone please explain what a "de-SPAC" deal/how this differs to a "SPAC" deal?
The use of this in financial press is loose, so be mindful of how any given bit of commentary is written. But

A 'de-SPAC' refers specifically to the M&A deal whereby the SPAC takes on its previously private target co.; it's the consummation of the investment into an actual operating company, which then becomes listed (mechanics will vary somewhat).

A SPAC deal is often this, but can also mean the IPO of the SPAC itself.

In some cases, a 'SPAC deal' may also be in reference to the 'private investment in public equity' (PIPE) transactions often used to close out a de-SPAC; basically if the SPAC only has, say, $200mm but target value is $1bn, investment banks will underwrite or subscribe the remaining $800mm to close the deal in exchange for fresh equity which usually is issued shortly following close of the merger.

Again always be conscious of context because the writing can have a bit of slippage (though commentary on PIPEs will usually make it clear it's a PIPE). In any instance it should in most cases be clear what kind of transaction is being discussed.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCApp2021

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
I haven’t been sent the link yet! Would you mind letting me know when your AC is? 😊
Hey guys congratulations on progressing to AC! May I know how are you guys preparing for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.