TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han.louise

Distinguished Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
May 28, 2020
Does anyone who has done the OC AC this year know if there is an interview on the day as well? Or is that the next stage? Just worrying about what I need to prepare. On the email it just says a commercial exercise and the watson glaser so assuming I don't need to prepare for situational judgment/competencies/interview at this stage?
I was also wondering this as well

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Does anyone who has done the OC AC this year know if there is an interview on the day as well? Or is that the next stage? Just worrying about what I need to prepare. On the email it just says a commercial exercise and the watson glaser so assuming I don't need to prepare for situational judgment/competencies/interview at this stage?

I was also wondering this as well

I answered this on the previous page of this thread - there is no interview at this stage. My AC is later today so I can login to the platform and see my schedule which only contains preparation time for the commercial exercise, the commercial exercise and the Watson Glaser.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Could anyone who has done an in-person VS please shed light on what the days entail? I've done a virtual scheme, which was largely practice area talks, talks on diversity/tech/legal research etc. Is this likely to still be the case in person, or would we be more involved with work?
I would expect you to be more sat with an associate on a day to day basis doing work for them. There will still be talks, but they will be spread out across the week, and most likely at the start/end of each day or at lunchtime.

Reactions: LEL
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.