Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2719a

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
I submitted my seat preferences today and was told that I probably won’t know until March when all places have been filled which seat I’ll be in. So from the sounds of it they are doing interviews for at least another 8 weeks, so I really wouldn’t worry about it at this stage. They’ve only been doing ACs for like 3 weeks!
I received an offer for the summer VS last week and they have not been in touch about seat preferences?!

Dos

Star Member
Aug 2, 2019
Should I be worried if a firm(that I did a first year scheme with) is giving interviews to people who applied later to me? Just really nerve racking...

Also, Linklaters have not even given me a "under review email" lool.... eek

Congrats to those who got AC's tho!

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi,

I was wondering if it was worth sending anymore applications out so close to the deadlines? Feel like they could be wasted applications but I’ve been pretty unlucky this application cycle so
If you’ve got the time it’s never a waste. Maybe prioritise your top ones and those who are non rolling in case :) but make sure you apply to firms you know you’ll be happy at- life is too short to commit to somewhere you can’t be truly content and yourself :)

Frank

Valued Member
Dec 12, 2018
If you’ve got the time it’s never a waste. Maybe prioritise your top ones and those who are non rolling in case :) but make sure you apply to firms you know you’ll be happy at- life is too short to commit to somewhere you can’t be truly content and yourself :)

I 100% agree with you, but sometimes I think whether this should prioritise the fact that we need to pay off our tuition fees, need money, must qualify, and do other things in other to potentially change our career in the future hahaha

christmastree123

Dec 24, 2018
Is anyone still waiting to hear from these firms?
  • Linklaters (summer)
  • Norton Rose Fulbright (spring)
  • Baker McKenzie (summer)
  • Morrison & Foerster (summer)
At what point is it appropriate to call (or perhaps email?) graduate recruitment to ask about when we should expect to hear back by? I know that Bakers said we would receive a test invite by Jan 30th, but I haven't had anything but a confirmation email from the rest, which I submitted towards the beginning of the month. This is my first time ever applying and I'm a non-law student, so I'm a bit unsure!

Well done everyone on successes so far!

I applied for the NRF spring scheme on 29th Nov and got the WG test invite on 22nd Jan and got the telephone interview invite 2 days after. Hope this helps!

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
I feel like I just bombed my video interview for Baker McKenzie.

you said this was your first right? don't worry, it's very difficult to get it right on the first go no matter how much you practice. Being under pressure in that short time frame is nothing like being told about it! Although, with VIs I feel there is a steep learning curve to it so you can apply everything you've learned from this to your next :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Deleted member 2707
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.