• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

Hey @Antoni Trochimowicz two quick questions 1) Im applying for Sullcrom, however, their website doesn't express a word limit for the cover letter. Thus, would 1 page be sufficient? Since you did an ac there, could you also provide some tips?

2) Would you be cognisant of any newsletter or website that publishes daily reports on the UK's macroeconomic trends, similar to FT's Spotify?

Thanking you in anticipation !
 
In the work experience section is there any rule of thumb as to how many work experiences to put? Also, what is the best practice for the descriptions. Allhires usually allows 250 words - should we use it for CV-like bullet points, or is that an indication that the firms are looking for a mini-essay?
I would really appreciate any insight - i tend to include a lot of information and a lot of experience but i am not sure if thats the way to go about it.- i assume, with the volume of apps, they do not spend too much time reading it
 
I would really appreciate any insight - i tend to include a lot of information and a lot of experience but i am not sure if thats the way to go about it.- i assume, with the volume of apps, they do not spend too much time reading it
Again, very dependent on the firm. I’d try to find any info online as to how the firm prefers you to structure it. E.g., no more then 10, no volunteering etc etc. if you’re unsure, I would add everything you think is relevant as they won’t penalise you for it! I would say majority of time time, or if you’re unsure, to write in full pros.

As a rule of thumb, or if you cannot find anything online, to do a brief description of your role and what you done and the skills that you have learnt from it.

Other people relate it back to the role of a trainee. I wouldn’t say there is one way to answer this, so don’t worry!
 
  • ℹ️
Reactions: Hopeful applicant

Find member