2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordon

• Oct 2, 2020
    @Jessica Booker I have 1,000 characters (roughly 160 - 200 words) to answer a question on ‘what skills have you learned from your non-law work experience’, would it be safe to say I should go into detail about one skill (following the STAR method) rather than just listing skills I have developed?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker I have 1,000 characters (roughly 160 - 200 words) to answer a question on ‘what skills have you learned from your non-law work experience’, would it be safe to say I should go into detail about one skill (following the STAR method) rather than just listing skills I have developed?

is this per non-legal work experience or for all of your non-legal work experiences?

Law2022

Legendary Member
    May 3, 2020
    Hi guys! Has anybody heard back from NRF after the "you will hear back in 2 weeks" email? The email arrived Tuesday 12th of January, which is obviously well over 2 weeks ago now.

The email said they would review all applications over that 2 week period and invite to WG, with telephone interview and then AC in May. They didn't specifically say they would let us know however if unsuccessful.
    I really hope they would let us know if we were unsuccessful! :(

Gracey

Standard Member
    Dec 19, 2020
    Does Clifford Chance do direct tc applications anymore, or are they strictly from their SPARK scheme?
    Yes - they still do direct TC applications but the priority candidates are final year non-law and second year law students. However, if you’re a non-priority candidate then don’t be discouraged from applying next cycle if you feel your application is strong enough. I’m not a priority candidate but still received a TC offer from the firm

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    One of the questions on Baker McKenzie direct training contract application is Law firms are all different - tell us about three things, which are personal to you, that you feel differentiate Baker McKenzie from other leading firms and encouraged you to apply?

I wanted to know if I can discuss their global reach by distinguishing it with White and Case that White and Case is known for the different number of languages spoken and Baker McKenzie global is different to that and how their global reach gives them a competitive advantage.

What do you lot think is this a good idea or not and thank you.

Reactions: Legalmel_99

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    One of the questions on Baker McKenzie direct training contract application is Law firms are all different - tell us about three things, which are personal to you, that you feel differentiate Baker McKenzie from other leading firms and encouraged you to apply?

I wanted to know if I can discuss their global reach by distinguishing it with White and Case that White and Case is known for the different number of languages spoken and Baker McKenzie global is different to that and how their global reach gives them a competitive advantage.

What do you lot think is this a good idea or not and thank you.
    I think you would have to make sure this is personal to you - the questions asking what motivates you to apply for the firm

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    What is it supposed to look like when its updated?
    It just says 'updated' and next to it the date in which it was updated (in my case today). I believe if you still see next to it the date in which you submitted, it simply means they haven't looked at your app yet

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.