2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawStudentTC

Star Member
May 4, 2020
I wish Hogan Lovells would just put me out my misery.
Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime

Reactions: Gracey94 and Roomba

Oxdart

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Amazing, congratulations! Is the next step post application (the CAPP and WG) tests an interview or AC? I'm a bit confused as portal just says "interview
Amazing, congratulations! Is the next step post application (the CAPP and WG) tests an interview or AC? I'm a bit confused as portal just says "interview"
That’s referring to the AC

• 🏆
Reactions: E.A

ilovetheDLR

Star Member
  • Feb 10, 2021
    You don’t have to. But it seems silly to not include them when it shows a lot of positives than it doesn’t negative.

The only reason I would suggest you didn’t, is if they were very different firms - eg a small immigration specific firm in Northumbria, and you are applying for major full service firm in London.
    You don't have to disclose your VS offers, but I would recommend doing it because if anything it shows you're a standout candidate with clear commitment to the career. It definitely won't be looked upon unfavourably. I listed all my upcoming VS-es in my direct TC apps and got past the app stage for some with no issues.

That's what I was thinking too but just wanted to confirm, thank you both so much! hopefully the Northumbrians don't come at you for that one haha made me chuckle

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    That's what I was thinking too but just wanted to confirm, thank you both so much! hopefully the Northumbrians don't come at you for that one haha made me chuckle
    Nothing wrong with Northumbria - but combining location with type and size of law firm would be enough for someone to wonder what you were truly motivated by.

Reactions: ilovetheDLR and Dheepa

applicantmp

Feb 4, 2021
    Anyone else get a weird automated email from CRS inviting you to a VI? Like it didn't have my name on it just @firstname and then all the text was joined together. Should I email them about it? I'm scared that its an error lol

pbyrne

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 15, 2021
    Anyone else get a weird automated email from CRS inviting you to a VI? Like it didn't have my name on it just @firstname and then all the text was joined together. Should I email them about it? I'm scared that its an error lol
    I've had zilch from CRS!

I'd email to confirm if you're concerned its spam or something?

PositiveVibesOnly

Star Member
    Future Trainee
  • Feb 11, 2021
    Bristows PFO post partner review of my VI. It was literally my dream firm and I know this isn't maybe the right place to vent but I'm actually so tired of this process I applied to over 17 firms and I'm considering that maybe I'm not cut out for this.
    I know how truly awful it feels - please try and keep your head up. I promise you’ll get there if you keep trying, it’s a bad day, not an indication you’re not good enough. I had 3 years of rejections, 2 post vac scheme rejections, and I had so many crisis’ of confidence, but I knew if I continued I would get there, and in my fourth round I got a TC (and from a firm that had rejected me twice previously!) Sending lots of love, be kind to yourself.

PositiveVibesOnly

Star Member
    Future Trainee
  • Feb 11, 2021
    Not to be annoying but has everyone that applied for NRF direct TC heard back post application (as per their email)?!?!
    I was emailed on the 3rd re WG. Had to email their grad recruitment team about something and they were pretty responsive (replied the next day) just so you know if you feel like reaching out as obviously it’s been more than two weeks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.