Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi everyone, I was wondering what people's thoughts were on virtual work experience schemes hosted by firms on platforms like Forage? Do companies take these seriously as legal work experience? In your application, are they worth including in the work experience sections and treating them like normal work experience?
    I think how seriously a firm takes it depends on the firm. For example, I know W&C likes to see that people have completed their virtual internship. Personally, I would only include it in the additional information or additional work experience section as most forms have a limit on the number of work experiences you can include and I think it’s better to use actual work experience for that.

Reactions: Tushar

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    Hi,

Can anyone let me know, if they know, when are ACs for BCLP direct TC candidates held? I believe the deadline for BCLP TC app is May and so the AC should be sometime in Summer but like what month?

Tushar

Distinguished Member
    Mar 18, 2020
    Hi @Jessica Booker

I was applying to the direct TC at Baker Mckenzie and was wondering about how to answer the question - "Please tell us what you consider to be your key achievements and interests to date"

Should I answer it in bullet points or in prose?
    Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker

I was applying to the direct TC at Baker Mckenzie and was wondering about how to answer the question - "Please tell us what you consider to be your key achievements and interests to date"

Should I answer it in bullet points or in prose?
    Any guidance would be much appreciated!
    Prose for the most part, but I have seen occasional short lists as part of an answer that is mainly prose. Be mindful that actual bullet points might not format very well in an application form too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.