2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Thank you for this! I was wondering if you knew if Ashurst have out scores for their psychometric tests?
    They said that they couldn't tell us what the benchmark for the tests are, but that they weigh it all together with the written application. I've seen mixed test results on TCLA ranging from 60-80% for people who were invited to the AC.

D

Deleted member 2707

They said that they couldn't tell us what the benchmark for the tests are, but that they weigh it all together with the written application. I've seen mixed test results on TCLA ranging from 60-80% for people who were invited to the AC.
    Thank you so much wow this is so informative! I was actually wondering if we could ask for our specific test scores rather than the benchmark. Seeing as other applicants are aware, I assume it would be alright to ask!

Noodles52

Distinguished Member
  • Jun 24, 2021
    Hi all! Did fieldfisher not get back to anyone else after the tests? I did the tests (applied to the London office) and had the “we’ll respond in 14 working days” email 16 working days ago now… assuming PFO?
    They could be a couple days over. It’s literally the two ladies who deal with initial recruitment applicants, so they get busy really quickly! I’d give it until end of the week :)

Noodles52

Distinguished Member
  • Jun 24, 2021
    Just an update on Fieldfisher applications. Once I had confirmed my final stage interview a couple of weeks ago, we (all finalists) were told that the applications for 2022/2023 Manchester TC's will be finished and TC confirmations given out. I don't know what this means for the AC next month for Manchester, but I will give more info/updates when I get them. When I applied, there were far more applicants for 2022 than 2023, so really not sure of the details. Just relaying what I have been told in case anyone is wondering.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: ElleWoods and Anon 11031

YFA

Mar 10, 2019
    Hi guys, I just wanted to drop a note that I last week I was offered a direct TC, which I still can't quite believe! It was my third year applying and I had previously done two Vac Schemes that I had not converted, so had really lost all hope. Just goes to show you will get there in the end and it's about finding the right place for you - so just keep going! But this forum has been so amazing, even if I don't post loads, it has been so great to have such a supportive and kind group to go through this tough process with. Thank you especially to @Jessica Booker and @Jacob Miller for your generosity in always answering the questions I had! And of course my private messages are always open if anyone needs it - I will still be lurking on here (it's hard-wired into my brain to check the forums now!)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi guys, I just wanted to drop a note that I last week I was offered a direct TC, which I still can't quite believe! It was my third year applying and I had previously done two Vac Schemes that I had not converted, so had really lost all hope. Just goes to show you will get there in the end and it's about finding the right place for you - so just keep going! But this forum has been so amazing, even if I don't post loads, it has been so great to have such a supportive and kind group to go through this tough process with. Thank you especially to @Jessica Booker and @Jacob Miller for your generosity in always answering the questions I had! And of course my private messages are always open if anyone needs it - I will still be lurking on here (it's hard-wired into my brain to check the forums now!)
    congratulations congrats GIF

Amazing news and congratulations! Posts like this really make my day - really appreciate the shout out!

• 🤝
    • Love
    Reactions: Ifmhouse4, Jaysen and YFA
    D

Deleted member 2707

All Ashurst applicants, I’ve emailed Grad Rec to see if I could have my application changed to Sept 2023 instead of March 2023 and they let me know March 2023 still had vacancies and they would consider my application for both :)

Reactions: AlRJ

A M

Distinguished Member
    Dec 28, 2020
    All Ashurst applicants, I’ve emailed Grad Rec to see if I could have my application changed to Sept 2023 instead of March 2023 and they let me know March 2023 still had vacancies and they would consider my application for both :)
    Have you guys received a test invite for March 2023 intake. Because I applied for both March 2023 and Training Contract 2023/2024 and I have received the test invite for later one.

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Hey thats a relief and really good to hear because they said something different during their Vantage Q&A 😂😂

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.