*PLEASE HELP!! DWF Assessment Centre and Interview (Training Contract and Vacation Placement)!!*

prettyprincess24

Premium Member
  • Jul 3, 2021
    Hi,

Can anybody tell me any interview questions they had for the DWF Law Training Contract and/or the vacation placement? Past or present experiences, please, would be a great help. I am usually anxious when it comes to interviews.

Can anybody please share the questions they got on the video interview AND at the assessment centre as well?

Thank you so much!!

Alison C

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Nov 27, 2019
    Hi,

Can anybody tell me any interview questions they had for the DWF Law Training Contract and/or the vacation placement? Past or present experiences, please, would be a great help. I am usually anxious when it comes to interviews.

Can anybody please share the questions they got on the video interview AND at the assessment centre as well?

Thank you so much!!
    Did you see these? https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns/categories/applications-database.1/?page=5

Alison C

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Nov 27, 2019
    Hi I can't see it because I'm not a premium member. I can't afford it. :'(( Can you copy and paste what the information said or like attach a document? would help immensley! i hope you dont mind and thank you so much :( <3
    Hi - I'm so sorry, I'm not able to do that, as it wouldn't be within the membership rules. I think that most of the materials in that link are on the applications anyway, which hey, you've cracked!

Bright Network also has some materials that may help, including VI insights and practice.

Your university may have some good firm-specific information - U Law has a data bank for sure, so definitely try your uni careers hub? TBH the best way to prepare for any of these ACs etc is to get your general answers in shape. I'd recommend Joe Mallet's prep materials - he has just made them free so check them out? https://www.jmral.com/ Try his application video?

Other than that, you are in the right place for bumping up your general commercial awareness - have a good look at the weekly articles? And just prepare thoroughly based on what you know all the firms want, ie that you really want to work for them and that you are a great match...

You could try to schmooze someone on LinkedIn, or on the AS website? You might want to soften your approach and make it slightly more general, about clarifying your motivations for DWF specifically.

Congratulations!

(If you are still finding things tricky next year then try for a TCLA scholarship?)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jaysen

AD2021

Star Member
    May 22, 2020
    Hi,

Thank you so much!!
    I’m happy to help if you message me

Reactions: Alison C

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.