TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellwilsen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2020
They just posted on their Instagram that we can apply for the summer vacation scheme!
I wonder why this is? Surely if they don’t want to interview me for the winter scheme, they aren’t going to want to interview me for another scheme which has more applicants? They have definitely read my application based on when I submitted it so unsure where to go from here 😕

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
I wonder why this is? Surely if they don’t want to interview me for the winter scheme, they aren’t going to want to interview me for another scheme which has more applicants? They have definitely read my application based on when I submitted it so unsure where to go from here 😕
I'm so confused by it. Did they not read our applications hence why they want us to re-apply? But why would I do that if they didn't read my original application? It's pretty unusual...

golden99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
Hey, Would anyone who has applied to Hogan Lovells mind telling me how long it took them to receive a Watson Glaser? I applied on Sunday and still haven't received one.
@Jessica Booker Do you think enough time has passed for me to email the firm. (I have received a confirmation from Vantage, but not one from Hogan Lovells directly)

Reactions: TJ370

Law2022

Legendary Member
May 3, 2020
I'm looking to apply to Mofo for a summer vac scheme - has anybody here had any success/interaction with the firm? I attended an Aspiring Solicitors event with them a while back but can't find my notes on them. TIA

AAA_a

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 14, 2019
They just posted on their Instagram that we can apply for the summer vacation scheme!
Don’t people think this is ridiculous in a way? Like I understand you may not offer more interviews, but why can’t you read the applications and either say now that winter if full but your app is good so we can consider you for summer, or just reject right out?

Simply saying you’re not holding interviews and ask people to apply in summer is ewww.. what do people think?

AAA_a

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 14, 2019
I'm taking it as an outright PFO but allowed to apply for a Summer vacation scheme, applied early enough in the cycle for them to have read my application in my mind. Could well be wrong but choosing to take a more positive outlook:)
Applied first week of Sep but still got rejected so not exactly sure about timing. Also from last year they were non rolling for summer.

Reactions: ellwilsen
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.