Reed Smith LLP Video Interview

Legal seeker

Dec 19, 2021
I have the same issue. However I did see that apparently we were meant to ‘accept the invite’ and then the timeframe would kick off, so I presume this is the issue. However, not very clear and as many have also had this issue this should help the case.

Also called the graduate line and a very unhelpful woman (who sounded half asleep) answered and was very unhelpful saying ‘yeah I’ve been receiving loads of calls about this, I can’t help you’. I guess it’s a waiting game until Monday.

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    I have the same issue. However I did see that apparently we were meant to ‘accept the invite’ and then the timeframe would kick off, so I presume this is the issue. However, not very clear and as many have also had this issue this should help the case.

Also called the graduate line and a very unhelpful woman (who sounded half asleep) answered and was very unhelpful saying ‘yeah I’ve been receiving loads of calls about this, I can’t help you’. I guess it’s a waiting game until Monday.
    Even so. The email states that:

‘When you're ready to begin the interview, please click the 'Start interview' button above. The deadline for completing this is three days from the date of invitation.’

there’s nothing about accepting an invitation. I’m sure it’ll be fine and it will be resolved tomorrow. There’s no way that the firm will not allow us to all complete it :)

Erwin Attle

Standard Member
    Dec 19, 2021
    Even so. The email states that:

‘When you're ready to begin the interview, please click the 'Start interview' button above. The deadline for completing this is three days from the date of invitation.’

there’s nothing about accepting an invitation. I’m sure it’ll be fine and it will be resolved tomorrow. There’s no way that the firm will not allow us to all complete it :)

I saw that about the invitation too. So i clicked the link a few days ago to check. Just took me to the interview portal straightway. There was nothing to accept I think, just the subsections to start with the interview.

shootingstar

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 6, 2020
    Same issue here! I’m guessing the issue arose because the first invitation link email was sent at 6pm on Thursday, and it was probably active for 3 days until today 6pm. Guess there might be some miscommunication since we received another email saying that the deadline is 11:59pm? We are all in this together guys, guess we get to have an early night today 😂

vsapplicant123

Standard Member
    Nov 17, 2021
    Just happened to me as well. Debating whether to call graduate recruitment as it seems they already know about the issue - but I don't want to seem like I haven't tried everything I could... I have emailed them however.

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Just happened to me as well. Debating whether to call graduate recruitment as it seems they already know about the issue - but I don't want to seem like I haven't tried everything I could... I have emailed them however.

I called them and was put through to out of hours office who then transferred me to Holly’s voicemail. An email will definitely suffice!

Erwin Attle

Standard Member
    Dec 19, 2021
    Same issue here! I’m guessing the issue arose because the first invitation link email was sent at 6pm on Thursday, and it was probably active for 3 days until today 6pm. Guess there might be some miscommunication since we received another email saying that the deadline is 11:59pm? We are all in this together guys, guess we get to have an early night today 😂
    Yeah, I found that strange too. It makes sense now since the first report of this issue here was after 5:15, which was when i got my invitation link. But then again I didnt see any indication of a deadline on the portal page, like the email from the grad team suggested ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Graduate recruitment will not be working on a Sunday evening. I would email in the first instance. Undoubtedly they are going to arrive to a whole load of emails/messages tomorrow morning, so h wouldn’t necessarily badger them too much first thing. I suspect they will contact you if you email.

If you haven’t heard back by 3.00pm tomorrow, then give them a call.

Reactions: anon123456789

Kate.maier

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 14, 2021
    Yeah I received my link on Thursday at 5pm, my link expired too. I was worried that the link expired because it was three days from the date and time of that email, but then their other email stating the deadline was 11:59pm contradicted that so I just went with that deadline.

I really hope they provide a new link or something.
    I'm worried they're just going to leave it, especially since they moved forward their vac scheme deadline bc of high numbers of applicants, was worried they had done the same for the VI. But i don't think they can do that...

anon123456789

Valued Member
  • Oct 25, 2021
    It's alright everyone- I don't think there's much we can do about it now, we've all sent emails and that kind of thing so will just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow. Most likely they'll give us a short extension to cover the delay. I for one am going to get an early night!

Reactions: CorporateLaw101

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi all,

This really does sound like a nightmare situation.

Really sorry to read that you have been having this issue. I would have found that unbelievably stressful.

The good news is that it really does sound like this is an issue on their end. As @Jessica Booker wrote, they will not get back to you on a Sunday evening. Personally my approach would have been to send an email off tonight and wait. I am sure that they will provide a solution tomorrow.

I really do empathise on this one though. I hope it didn't ruin your Sunday evening.

Do post what they say when GR get back to you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.