TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamTam99

Legendary Member
Jan 5, 2021
Anyone know the difference between a case study interview and a scenario interview?? Has anyone got experience of 'scenario interviews'?
Big, big difference. Case study interviews will more than likely be based on a fictitious commercial scenario or a commercial news story, with a set of legal issues, and you’ll probably be asked to identify these issues and make some recommendations to the client. It’s very heavily based on commercial awareness, identifying problems and providing considered solutions. Essentially they’re assessing your ability to problem solve, work well under pressure, and apply your own commercial awareness and research to a legal issue.

A scenario interview is very similar to a situational judgement test. They’ll read out a scenario to you and ask you what you’d do if you were a trainee facing something similar. They might then follow up with a competency. This is much more about assessing how well you match the firm’s competencies and finding out whether your behaviour/decision-making matches what they’re looking for in a trainee.

ofm

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 14, 2021
    Hi everyone, How much does applying later in on an application actually hurt your chances if the firm is rolling? I.e. do they mean that they send out offers on a first-come first served basis or that they review applications during the application window, but send out offers after the deadline?

I've been really busy with work and did not have time to send applications earlier on and I am really getting nervous that it is going to hurt my chances as I have been applying about 1-2 weeks before the deadlines.

Thank you!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.