TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    CMS Academy offer!!!!! 🥲🤩🥳
    Honestly, this goes down as one of my favourite moments on TCLA. Congrats, OB. YOU are a star🥳🥳🤩
    Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Honestly, this goes down as one of my favourite moments on TCLA. Congrats, OB. YOU are a star🥳🥳🤩
    Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office
    oh stop canadian GIF by CBC

It's been a long time coming lol and second time doing an AC for CMS so if anything this is a message to never give up, you'll get there eventually!! Honestly TCLA has been a much needed support system over the last two cycles and I've made some great friends! If anyone wants to chat whenever, especially if you need motivation post-rejection, my DMs are always open!

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Any advice for Freshfields AC? My first ever and I’m so nervous!
    Hi @Chloeccmw,

Huge huge congratulations. I am really pleased for you. I am still going through this thread, so it is possible this has already been answered.

As a start, definitely check out @Jacob Miller's articles. They are fantastic and are a must-read in my opinion. You will find a link to them under the "My approach" bullet below.

Here is a compilation of links that might be useful:
    As I said, apologies if this has already been answered.

Do follow-up if you have any more questions!

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Is this a normal statistic? do on average only 50% of people pass....and here I am thinking getting the TC is the hardest part 😭 😭 😭 Imagine getting a TC then getting it taken away because of a failed exam.
    that is why the LPC I personally think was 10 times easier, but still this is only the first year and no one is used to it so most likely the figures will improve

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Is this a normal statistic? do on average only 50% of people pass....and here I am thinking getting the TC is the hardest part 😭 😭 😭 Imagine getting a TC then getting it taken away because of a failed exam.
    Frankly? I do not know because these are the first results but my personal idea is that the SQE is plain BS and will create a more white privileged industry. I am not against white people..my family and future wife are white! I feel you!

• Haha
    Reactions: Anoned

Commerciallaw

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 30, 2021
    The LPC doesn't have a much higher pass rate, the last couple of years its sat around the 58% mark - https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/lpc-pass-rates-unaffected-by-pandemic/5111066.article
    I am confused- in the article u linked it says the following:

" In 2019/20, 57.7% of students successfully completed the LPC, which will eventually be replaced by the Solicitors Qualifying Exam, compared with 58% the previous academic year.

The number who failed the course – not including those who were withdrawn or suspended, or who deferred or may resit one or more of their assessments – dropped from 3.3% to 1.6%."

How could there be a 57.7% pass rate but the number of people who failed was 1.6%....am I missing something here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.