TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgieW

Dec 17, 2021
What I got from my white and case experience (I went to the assessment centre) was very much more about you and not so much commercial based.

It was a while ago now so I don’t want to give wrong advice but from what I remember it was definitely a video interview I thought went better than others.things like About the firm, about you (competencies) but the commercial awareness is broad? Like you can talk about anything
Thanks! This is super helpful

RS31

Distinguished Member
Jan 23, 2021
AC for Cleary Gottlieb - this is my first ever AC, any advice??? 😅
I did the AC for the Winter VS and was successful, and it was really enjoyable. I know that sounds strange to say for an AC, but it really was! Pay attention to detail for the technical interview to make sure you don't miss anything. Prepare your usual commercial law areas (M&A, contracts etc) The competency interview is very friendly and more a conversation about your journey so far based on what was in your cover letter. Do ask the associate and HR person in the interview some things about their work towards the end - for me, this "asking questions bit" wasn't forced at all because they were so friendly and open. For the group exercise, make sure to get your bit in but also encourage your teammates and make sure you demonstrate good collaborative ability.

Good luck! I hope it goes well for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.