Forsters interview

rhyu96

Mar 18, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've just received a first round interview invite from Forsters. I was wondering if anyone had any experience interviewing with them and any advice - I would really appreciate it!

Thank you :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    From a future trainee at Forsters: "It’s an assessment day with a written exercise, a group presentation and a short interview. The presentation was about a planning a business development event. [For the short interview:] It was questions on motivation, wider interests, areas of law interested in...It was quite informal."

Nicole

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Feb 28, 2018
    Thanks Jaysen, that's helpful :). What resources could I use to learn a bit about the basics of business development? Thank you for your help!

Hey - I came across this, which I thought was quite a good explanation: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/2014...-development-what-does-it-mean-who-is-it-for/

I assume in the case study you will be given particular facts, which makes it hard to prepare for a specific event in advance. If they're still using the same scenario, I would suggest you try to understand the concept of BD - investopedia is good for a simple explanation, but you could also try reading a business textbook. You want to think about why companies care about BD, why it's important for the business, and what companies (and law firms) do to expand.

I would say the bigger focus, if it's a group activity, is less on your knowledge (because you won't need to know the technical stuff), but more about how you perform in a group. Although I know that can be hard to practice!

Reactions: Salma

rhyu96

Mar 18, 2018
    Hi. I applied for the direct training contract round - but in the partner interview, it was broadly competency questions with a couple of questions on the future of law firms and my personal opinion on how those trends can affect the law firm environment e.g. growth in the use of technology, what that could mean for future working practices. Having said that, other attendees were asked more commercial questions like what they see the impact of Brexit to be in a particular sector. I'd recommend just preparing general commercial and competency questions.

Tom L

Nov 23, 2018
    Hi

I have a Summer Vacation Scheme assessment centre for Forsters in March and was wondering whether you could shed any light on the questions they ask during the partner interview?

Thanks!
    I also had a direct TC interview with Forsters. The format was really relaxed and I think they were trying to really get to know you. One question that I know they ask a lot from speaking to other AC candidates is "Why Forsters, a West End firm, over a big international city firm?"

Hope that helps but let me know if you have any other questions.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.