We're launching a commercial video team! Are you interested?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    We think 2019 is the year of video, and we'd love to produce a series of videos to help aspiring lawyers develop their commercial awareness.

So, we're inviting applications to join our small commercial video team, which will be led by @MadisonK.

You'll be working together to create:
    • Short bite-sized videos, which break down key concepts in a variety of commercial areas (M&A, fintech, IP etc.) - weekly.
    • Commercial briefings that examine key news stories in an easy-to-understand manner and explain the impact on law firms - fortnightly.
    Why join?
    • At TCLA, we're really big on helping team members develop their own personal brand. We want to use this as an opportunity to make sure you get noticed by law firms. The videos will be promoted using our website, email and social media channels (in January 2019, our website alone surpassed 15k visitors).
    • You'll be making a big difference to thousands of aspiring lawyers across the UK.
    • Teaching topics is one of the best ways to develop your own commercial awareness. You will also develop your presentation and communication skills, which you can market to law firms.
    • Successful members will receive a free subscription to TCLA Premium Version 2.0.
    What do you need?

We're not actually looking for strong technical ability here, so don't worry if you struggle with commercial awareness. You also don't have to be used to video. We'll help you get there and provide resources and support along the way.

Instead, we want candidates who have an interest in the business world, strong communication skills and a genuine interest in helping aspiring lawyers develop their commercial awareness. This role is open to all aspiring lawyers, future trainees and trainees.

To apply, please fill out this short Google Form.

Applications are open until 22 March 2019.

Last edited:

Maddie R

Esteemed Member
    Jan 10, 2019
    Hey guys!! I'm super excited for this and hope to get a lot of you involved! I'm happy for you to get as involved as you like and there is no requirement to speak on camera at all if you are not comfortable and prefer a more research based role. Once we have a team I will circulate a list of topics so that you are able to work on what you know your strengths are, and maybe even sign up to cover a completely new topic too! I'm excited to see where this will lead us & I know that come application season in the fall it will be great for you to show firms that you have been involved in something like this ;)

If anyone has any questions at all, or perhaps even has a great idea for something they would want to put out, please don't hesitate to message either Jaysen or I!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi All,

By way of reminder, the deadline for applications are this Friday. We've changed the application form - you no longer need to submit a video as we figured this was quite scary!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Thanks all. We're very happy to have received so many strong applications!

For those who haven't applied yet, you still have until midnight tonight.

Reactions: gricole

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi all,

I’ll be emailing all candidates tomorrow to let you know the outcome.

Thanks for the interest. @MadisonK and I were very impressed with the quality of the applications.

Best,

Jaysen

Reactions: Maddie R

Maddie R

Esteemed Member
    Jan 10, 2019
    Hi all,

I’ll be emailing all candidates tomorrow to let you know the outcome.

Thanks for the interest. @MadisonK and I were very impressed with the quality of the applications.

Best,

Jaysen

Thank you to everyone who applied, the standard of the applications was high and we had a really tough time choosing the team! I'm excited to start working on this project! :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.