TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
if in an interview when they ask "introduce yourself to me in 60s" i was wondering what kind of things would one include? should it be more personal (i.e personal attributes, hobbites, etc) or more achievement/career based (awards, career interests/achievements, etc)?
I'd probably suggest a mix of both.

Think of it as simply as what 3-5 points would you want your interviewer to remember about you the most.

Ambs123

Legendary Member
Feb 19, 2021
I felt similarly but I really think you just have to listen to your body. I was sick so I was forced not to work the 4 days before my AC which I thought was the end of my chances but I ended up getting it. Rest is really underrated but it really helps clear your mind. If you can, I'd say focus on two core things, keeping up your commercial awareness (podcasts are great if you dont want to read) and knowing your story/experiences so you can answer why law, why the firm (firm research is what I focused on so competitors, a case or two I am interested in and what makes them unique) and why you! The rest is really just luck and thinking on your feet which only becomes harder if you are burnt out :D Best of luck with the AC!
That’s really encouraging!! Thank you for the advice. I have another interview today (not with a law firm) so I’ve had that to focus on too + the AC. I’ve started doing some research but podcasts are a really good idea :) Thanks so much!

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Can I have your advice on how to show my interest/fascination with the corporate work.

My career has been mainly focused on litigation work but as we know during a tc you may experience different seats.
Over the last few months I have completed free courses and law firms lead workshops on M&A and PE. How do I include these experiences in my application? This is particularly tricky when answering why this firm.

Reactions: George Maxwell
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.