TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Unfortunately I haven’t got a view on this. I would probably contact the firm and see if they can provide more details on what it is.
    Thanks a lot!

To provide some guidance to anyone else interviewing at Wedlake Bell, I emailed them and they clarified that in the skills assessment, you are given 30 mins to review a written piece of text and it is completely separate to the interview.

LJ96

Premium Member
    Feb 29, 2020
    for anyone who did interviews at Birketts, how did you deliver your presentation? I'm a bit nervous at the thought of faffing around trying to connect my laptop to a projector, but maybe visuals are good? Also was wondering if there was a written task or if it was just purely an interview :)
    Hey! First, a disclaimer as I had my interview with Birketts last year so the interview was virtual and things may have changed...

I didn't use visuals for my presentation but I believe that was because we weren't allowed visual aids so just check what the expectation are in that regard; you should find that kind of information in your interview invite email. However, I think the most important thing in delivering your presentation is ensuring that you have a clear structure, you speak clearly and you link back to why you'd be a good trainee at Birketts.

Mine was purely an interview and there was no written task.

Good luck ✨

Last edited:
    • 🤝
    Reactions: U, George Maxwell and AvniD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.