TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
I swear that one of the major downsides of this being an anonymous forum is that GR Managers can't work out who the most helpful/supportive/insightful people are on this forum. Otherwise, I would expect them to be stalking these pages and tapping up TCLA people all the time. I reckon they would value these behaviours more than the braggy LinkedIn posts (especially where they couldn't be tagged in them).....

The only saving grace when someone does tag you into a braggy post with a million other people is that you have this option 🤣

View attachment 3889
I will publish my full name and address if it will flag me up to GR when I get going on direct TCs 😉

Homer

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 12, 2021
Anyone heard back from V&E post VI?
I received an interview invite yesterday evening. Dont stress tho, there are still a fair few slots to be booked, 10-15 that i can see, and apparently, they interview around 80 people a year. So still plenty more to be sent out i reckon. I sent my VI in on the last possible day btw on the Monday

Homer

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Has anyone completed the Mischon De Raya Video Interview for the 2021-22 Vacation Scheme? If so, I would really appreciate it if you could answer some of my questions.

1. Could you please provide some insight into the nature of the interview and the questions asked. Are the questions motivational, competency or behavioural?
2. What is the procedure of the interview. Do you get a few re-records or just one? How long is the prep time for each question? How long is the answer time for each question? The last VI I did had unlimited re-records and I do not know if it is the same for Mischon.

Thank you in advance.

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Has anyone who applied to W&C in January for the summer VS got a response yet? It's been a while lol, and I've seen some people who have already had their ACs and have been successful, so I'm wondering if it's a PFO. Or any idea if they still have applications to review and will continue sending VI/AC invites in the next month too?

Reactions: DR200X, WillF and IL1700

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Hi,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Has anyone completed the Mischon De Raya Video Interview for the 2021-22 Vacation Scheme? If so, I would really appreciate it if you could answer some of my questions.

1. Could you please provide some insight into the nature of the interview and the questions asked. Are the questions motivational, competency or behavioural?
    2. What is the procedure of the interview. Do you get a few re-records or just one? How long is the prep time for each question? How long is the answer time for each question? The last VI I did had unlimited re-records and I do not know if it is the same for Mischon.

Thank you in advance.
    I haven’t done the VI this year, but in the two years that I did you only had one chance to record, 90 seconds to prepare and 60 to answer. They were a mix of both commercial and Firm related so what case has the firm done that’s interested you or how has the firm adapted to covid and competencies/about you questions e.g your greatest achievement and what unique skill will make you a good lawyer! Hope this helps, ofc things could have changed since last year but I don’t think they’ve deviated too much!

Reactions: GXA123

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    also got a Covington VS offer yesterday afternoon :) Does anyone have any insight into what the VS is like or how competitive it is? specifically, what percentage of participants (+ how many) apply for a training contracts and are successful in their applications?
    Congrats on the VS! I think it’s easy to get caught up in the numbers but that may not be the most useful thing to do before a VS as they vary so much it’s hard to predict! However, chambers student often has on the firm profile the number of applicants, VS places and TC spot so if you want to look at estimates that’s a good place to start!

lawyering

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 29, 2020
    ✨✨Latham and Dechert AC✨✨
    After 2 years of straight rejections, this feels really good 🥳

Hi everyone :) Huge congrats for everyone making through all the rejections and persisting through process :)! I was wondering whether anyone has done an AC with Latham and wouldn’t mind sharing some tips and guidance :)? Thank you so much!

LATHAM AC - I really thought I tanked the VI 😭😭😭
    This is my first AC so any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Congrats all!!

If you don't mind me asking, when did you all complete your VIs (Latham) and were there any AC spots left when you were booking yours? Thank you!

Reactions: Homer

tkwillbealawyer

Star Member
    Premium Member
  • Feb 21, 2022
    Omg Mills & Reeve partner interview invite post-AC!!!!! I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would be in this position!!!! Any tips would be extremely appreciated!!
    Congrats!! I'm yet to hear back from them and am so worried because they did say they'd tell us either Friday or Monday but my inbox is still empty :/ Is anyone else in the same position?

Got an invite for Farrer's AC though! If anyone has tips would be appreciated :)

• 🏆
    Reactions: Rachael.Elisa and Adrian_S

Rachael.Elisa

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 15, 2021
    Congrats!! I'm yet to hear back from them and am so worried because they did say they'd tell us either Friday or Monday but my inbox is still empty :/ Is anyone else in the same position?

Got an invite for Farrer's AC though! If anyone has tips would be appreciated :)
    Hiya, congratulations on the AC! I've gone mine on the 9th march - send me a message if you'd like to chat about it/discuss preparation :)

ISABE11A

Dec 29, 2021

I heard back Friday 6pm-ish by e-mail. Deffo check your junk, apply4law account, etc and then contact them ASAP because slots are on the 28th and 1st March. I booked mine straight away before anyone else did so I don't know how many slots are left. Good luck for your AC!!

Law1099

Valued Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    Hey does anyone have any advice on when they ask in interviews about increased taxes and the budgets of governments. I definitely have some opinions but politics is a sensitive subject and to be honest, my lack of fiscal and tax knowledge would probably come out. For example - what do you think about tax increases or the governments new budget? I just don’t really know how to go about answering these types of questions.
    Thanks in advance!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.