TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shia

Dec 16, 2020
I never got a response from W&C for summer vac scheme post app and I applied in December? lmao rip me

Hey! I did send them an email and received this response from them on the 15th of March.

"Thank you for your email and application. We are still reviewing applications for the summer vacation scheme and hope to have updated all applicants within the next 3 weeks."

Hope that helps :)

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Has anyone else still not heard anything from MoFo post application for the summer VS? Sent an email to [email protected] for an update but haven't received a response. Wondering if anyone has a grad rec specific email that I could try?

Seems they don't reply to unsuccessful interview candidates. For context I haven't heard anything since my second round spring VS interview in mid January, despite multiple chase attempts. They also ghosted my application last cycle - never heard back.

That being said I think they're still considering Summer VS candidates so don't lose hope yet. I'd maybe give it until May? They're still inviting people to 1st round interview from what I can gather.

Cantab_95

Legendary Member
Sep 19, 2019
Would be surprised if not. Had a couple of people here earlier today say they haven't heard back yet post interview and neither have I. Others in the forum say they were told EOM. I was told I'd found out by the end of last week by GR a couple of weeks ago so should be just around the corner
Yeah I agree. Have tried to contact them as I have to respond to another VS offer by a certain date so keen to avoid any clashes but no reply from Grad Rec. I wonder what’s keeping them..

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Anyone have any experience with being offered a VS but being unable to do it due to working a full time job? Do the firm still let you have your training contract interview or are you cut completely?
This is going to vary from firm to firm - I had a VS I couldn't complete due to conflict of interest with my employer at the time. The firm in question only hired from VS so I couldn't be considered for a TC.

Reactions: AvniD

Zubin

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 17, 2020
    I was offered a place on a summer scheme but wish to change it due to clashes with other schemes.

How accomodating are law firms usually? Does anyone have experience in deferring a scheme offer?

I don't believe I could do a spring scheme, and in any case, the start date would probably be too soon for them to accommodate. Are firms usually willing to defer a summer scheme to the winter? I know this is a separate application cycle, but would appreciate if anyone has any tips!

Really don't want to forego either scheme!

ellensdaleoriginal

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 23, 2020
    Seems they don't reply to unsuccessful interview candidates. For context I haven't heard anything since my second round spring VS interview in mid January, despite multiple chase attempts. They also ghosted my application last cycle - never heard back.

That being said I think they're still considering Summer VS candidates so don't lose hope yet. I'd maybe give it until May? They're still inviting people to 1st round interview from what I can gather.
    Not hearing back post-application is annoying, but not hearing back after a second-round interview must be incredibly frustrating so I am sorry to hear that. I got ghosted last year too so should have expected it I guess!!

Yeah, they will either get back to me or they won't but will assume its a PFO and focus on other applications.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.