TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shia

Dec 16, 2020
Just got a response back after my HSF AC for the Summer VS - unfortunately a rejection :( However, this is just a learning process and I hope to use this experience as a building block for my future applications!! Sending positive vibes to all who are waiting to hear back 🍀

Also, a big thank you to everyone on this forum for all your support and invaluable guidance!

Cantab_95

Legendary Member
Sep 19, 2019
Update on V&E:

‘Thank you for your email – the panel are considering applications at the completion of all interviews and hope to be informing all candidates of the outcome within the next week to two weeks.

Regarding the dates, candidates are invited to spend one week of us between mid-June and mid-August. We will therefore take into consideration dates when successful candidates are unavailable and seek to accommodate these when confirming allocated weeks. Hope this helps!’

• ℹ️
  • 🤝
Reactions: AvniD, Homer, Embo and 3 others

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Is there anyone out there that still hasn’t heard from Mishcon? Or am I just weirdo standing alone in a field lol
I there are several. They sent me an email saying they’re still reviewing apps and hope to get back to everyone by end of March. Hope that helps!

Reactions: Ks36

TCApp2021

Legendary Member
Dec 21, 2021
I’ve been invited to an AC for a direct TC and was given the option of 3 slots. The first two are in the next two weeks and the last one is in exactly a month. I picked the last one as this will be my first full-day AC so I wanted to the extra time to prep (I work full-time so can only prep on weekends).

The email invite recommends booking onto the earliest available assessment day that able to attend as recruitment is on a rolling-basis. Will I be adversely affected by going for the latest one- can this last slot be cancelled if TC spaces are filled in the first two? Does it become more competitive/harder at later AC slots? If so I might change to the one in two weeks.

Would really appreciate any advice.

Zubin

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 17, 2020
    I’ve been invited to an AC for a direct TC and was given the option of 3 slots. The first two are in the next two weeks and the last one is in exactly a month. I picked the last one as this will be my first full-day AC so I wanted to the extra time to prep (I work full-time so can only prep on weekends).

The email invite recommends booking onto the earliest available assessment day that able to attend as recruitment is on a rolling-basis. Will I be adversely affected by going for the latest one- can this last slot be cancelled if TC spaces are filled in the first two? Does it become more competitive/harder at later AC slots? If so I might change to the one in two weeks.

Would really appreciate any advice.
    Hi! I don't have a TC yet but from my own VS experiences and from what I've seen on the forum, if the email invite recommends booking onto the earliest available assessment day and states that recruitment is on a rolling basis, you'd be much better off booking the sooner ones.

Perhaps you can call them to reschedule?

Good luck on the AC!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.