TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCN

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 20, 2020
Hello, guys. Probably a very stupid question but if the Ashurst Direct TC app's deadline is 31st March, it means 31st March 11:59 PM UK time, right?
You'll have to check their website. Normally it does mean 11:59pm, but for Ashurst they always close apps at midday for some reason. Although that is for the VS though, so I don't know if that's different for TC

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is there any point of applying/ going to a vacation scheme if you have no real intention of becoming a trainee at the firm? In other words, just using the vac scheme to build experience.
I think it really depends on what else you can take from it.

If you have never worked in a law firm, then doing a vacation scheme is going to help on some level even if you don't want to work for that firm. You'll learn about the sector, certain processes etc. However, if you are a paralegal in a law firm and have been for some time that becomes less relevant.

There can be other benefits. For instance being paid is one. But again, that is different if you have a job vs if you haven't.

If you have no reason to do a VS though, then I wouldn't do it. Use your time with the things you want to do.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
I am currently trying to refine my answer where I am trying to describe the firm's growth strategy and compare to other mid-sized firms, do I need to drop a specific competitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.