TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 12, 2021
Technically, they did say they'd get back to us by the end of the month. But if I remember correctly, there was someone on here who mentioned that it may take up to next week as well to hear back.
I think the email from VE (sent to Cantab) did say this week or next week, but it was sent last week. So, when they said by the end of next week, they meant this week.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Embo, j.s.cox and Adrian_S

Homer

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 12, 2021
The wait is giving me such anxiety. I've literally been checking my emails constantly and checking my phone for missed calls every 5 minutes.😬
haha fully, v funny to think that all the candidates are probablyy experiencing similar emotions in anticipation. i dont normally keep my phone on while i study. but, because they've told us to expect a response around now, I feel I gotta keep my phone off silent and near me. V distracting thing to do.

SCN

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 20, 2020
should I email a firm if it has been 2 weeks since the AC?
It really depends on the firm - if they've told you that you'd hear back within a couple of days after AC, then yh you should email since it's been 2 weeks. If they've told you you'll be waiting around 2 weeks, then I'd wait another week or two before emailing. If they've not given you a timeframe at all, then I'd check out other posts on TCLA to guess on average how long other candidates have waited for and then go from there

Reactions: GXA123, OB and CF12345

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    I've just checked last year's comments on the V&E recruitment process, and it seems that they said they would tell everyone on March 16th, but ended up telling most people on March 18th. Either way, I'll be emailing tomorrow if we still haven't heard anything back.

Reactions: Embo and Adrian_S

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Yh i'll need to email them anyway, still need to get travel expenses reimbursed. do you just email them a receipt of your ticket and your bank details?
    I emailed them my ticket the day after my interview, but still haven't received a reply. I may just email them again to ask.

AspiringTrainee

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 22, 2021
    Finished my AC. Feel like my negotiation was a bit of a car crash… my partner just did not give me the opportunity to respond to anything in the negotiation and was super dominant and I feel quite upset that I didn’t get the opportunity to say my piece. :(
    They will pick up on that - it might even look more unfavourably on your partner.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.