Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane O'Hanlon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
I just submitted my application for NRF's 2021 training contract for penultimate year law students. I just got an email from grad recruitment saying that they would not be screening applications untill October/November and that ACs would not be untill February. Is it normal for Summer training contract applications to lead to ACs so late in the year ? I was under the impression that training contracts would be given out in September at the latest.

Zain97

May 13, 2019
I just submitted my application for NRF's 2021 training contract for penultimate year law students. I just got an email from grad recruitment saying that they would not be screening applications untill October/November and that ACs would not be untill February. Is it normal for Summer training contract applications to lead to ACs so late in the year ? I was under the impression that training contracts would be given out in September at the latest.

That's so so strange. They must want to recruit and probably expect their Vac Scheme cohorts to fill up the TC slots if screening is so late and ACs with the next recruitment cycle.

Did they include years? Could this be an outdated holding e-mail :/

PB

Junior Lawyer
Jul 30, 2018
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the place to post the question. I saw on the other thread (with over 100 pages) that a few people applied to Katten.
Could anyone suggest who to address the cover letter to?

The website doesn't state anything other than 'To apply, please send your CV and covering letter for the attention of HR to (email address)'.

Thank you

Reactions: STWO

Roch1234

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2018
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the place to post the question. I saw on the other thread (with over 100 pages) that a few people applied to Katten.

The website doesn't state anything other than 'To apply, please send your CV and covering letter for the attention of HR to (email address)'.

Thank you
I addressed it too Ms Kirsty Russell when I applied last year :)

Reactions: Jaysen and PB

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Not to scare anyone but you may have seen that Allen & Overy are opening their winter vacation scheme applications early this year (from 1 August 2019 with the deadline on 20 October 2019). The website doesn't seem to reflect this year so just a heads up.

PHT

Star Member
    Jun 30, 2018
    Not to scare anyone but you may have seen that Allen & Overy are opening their winter vacation scheme applications early this year (from 1 August 2019 with the deadline on 20 October 2019). The website doesn't seem to reflect this year so just a heads up.

Bird & Bird are also opening their process mid-August. I wonder if more firms are going to start their cycle earlier too?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Bird & Bird are also opening their process mid-August. I wonder if more firms are going to start their cycle earlier too?

It could well be the case, especially as some have struggled with all the applications this year.

Reactions: Alice G

Shane O'Hanlon

Star Member
    Feb 8, 2019
    Just want to double check that Linklaters is taking summer training contract applications. I didn't see the firm's application deadline listed on either law careers.net, chambers student or Lex 100. However, a post showed up on my facebook news feed saying that the the training contract deadline is on the 28th June. I just want check if anybody else came across this issue and that there are still spots in the 20201 intake ? It just seems strange that none of theese major publications would not have such a high profile firm listed.

Zain97

May 13, 2019
    Just want to double check that Linklaters is taking summer training contract applications. I didn't see the firm's application deadline listed on either law careers.net, chambers student or Lex 100. However, a post showed up on my facebook news feed saying that the the training contract deadline is on the 28th June. I just want check if anybody else came across this issue and that there are still spots in the 20201 intake ? It just seems strange that none of theese major publications would not have such a high profile firm listed.

Hey! I think this may be because Linklaters may no longer hire these services anymore. The Links website does say that the TC vacancy is live. I remember in one of the chats they hosted that they hire around 20% of their trainees through the direct TC route.

Good luck!

Amanda

Star Member
    Jan 2, 2019
    Hi PB i think I addressed it to HR in general. One thing i did notice though was that i didnt get a response to say
    katten received my application... Did you?

Thank you

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.