Two assessment centres in two days

Paralegal178

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
May 27, 2019
Hi guys,

I have two assessment centres on Thursday and Friday of this week and I’m stressing out a bit!

How long on average would you say it takes you to prep for an AC?

Also does anyone have any advice for a Weightmans AC? There doesn’t seem to be much info online about what to expect.

Thanks!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi guys,

I have two assessment centres on Thursday and Friday of this week and I’m stressing out a bit!

Also does anyone have any advice for a Weightmans AC? There doesn’t seem to be much info online about what to expect.

Thanks!

That's horrible - I feel for you! I'l leave it to others to comment on prep time, but the good thing is there should be plenty of overlap in your prep, especially competencies/motivation for commercial law/commercial awareness provided they are both interviews. In theory, you may also be able to perform better in your second interview as there's no better practice than a real interview.

Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi guys,

Thanks!

Wow! You will deserve a weekend off but what an achievement to gain two!! I agree with @Jaysen re. overlap. Are the two ACs very different in their tasks and format? Or are they set to be quite similar? i.e. both have written exercises and group exercises?

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

Paralegal178

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    May 27, 2019
    Thanks guys.

Yes both quite similar format wise but varying in practice areas and competencies. I'm a little calmer and more prepared now I think.

You're probably right about doing better on the second AC but I prefer the firm on the first, so fingers crossed!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.