Paralegal Application Timeline & Expectations Hearing Back From Firms?

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
Hi all,

As the title says, I'm currently applying for paralegal roles in London and wanted to know when I should expect to hear back from firms after making an application? As a general rule of thumb, if there has been no response for over 2 weeks, should I expect rejection and move on to other applications?

Also, does this also apply to recruitment agencies? I have not had much success eliciting a response from them and was curious as well about what your experiences have been like with paralegal applications through agencies.

Thanks so much!

CamilleL

Junior Lawyer
Jul 27, 2020
Hi there

From my experience, there is no general answer unfortunately.

I've received answers the following day, just like I've waited weeks to hear back! It really depends on how many applications they receive and how urgently they need to fill the position.

My advice would be to always follow up your application with an email or a message on Linkedin to show your motivation. Otherwise, you just have to wait.

Good luck!

• 🤝
Reactions: futuretrainee202X

TC fiend

Legendary Member
  • Apr 27, 2021
    It really can take weeks and mean nothing either way. All it takes is a partner being busy or on leave and before you know it you’re three weeks down the line. If you’re using a recruiter just nudge them once a week for an update and keep on looking in the meantime.

• 🤝
    Reactions: futuretrainee202X

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.