TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey guys.

Absolutely surreal to write this. But I just secured a training contract with one of my favourite international law firms in London! 🥳 🤩

Thank you, TCLA community, for contributing to achieving this. It has sometimes been daunting as an international student to try to enter the legal market. But 'pesistence is key' as my professor said once. If you're reading this - do NOT give up. All you need is ONE yes. And all your experiences build up to receiving that one offer.

Scandi
This is amazing news! Congratulations!

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF

• Love
Reactions: Scandi

st32

Feb 7, 2022
At one point today, they asked me what my favourite park in London was. I said "Hampstead Heath because it's beautiful and not just because I'm a raging homosexual." (They laughed, but what the hell is wrong with me :oops:)
Haha I did not get asked that in my interview with them. But I did get an invite onto the final stage. Fingers crossed for you and me both. Would love for us to add a little queer energy into the firm.

• 🏆
Reactions: Adrian_S

Lily1234

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Congrats!!! I have the second partner interview and case study coming up next week. Any tips? Any insight on what kind of case study it is?
You have 15 mins to read a client briefing and then report back to the interviewer about the potential issues which the client might face! It was quite straight forward and I don’t think you could really get it ‘wrong’. Good luck!

Reactions: sa174m and st32

samni

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 2, 2020
Hey guys.

Absolutely surreal to write this. But I just secured a training contract with one of my favourite international law firms in London! 🥳 🤩

Thank you, TCLA community, for contributing to achieving this. It has sometimes been daunting as an international student to try to enter the legal market. But 'pesistence is key' as my professor said once. If you're reading this - do NOT give up. All you need is ONE yes. And all your experiences build up to receiving that one offer.

PS, feel free to DM me for any application stage tips - I'd be happy to help when I can!

Scandi
Such good news 🥳 congratulations!!

st32

Feb 7, 2022
You have 15 mins to read a client briefing and then report back to the interviewer about the potential issues which the client might face! It was quite straight forward and I don’t think you could really get it ‘wrong’. Good luck!
Oh amazing. Thank you for that info. I guess I can chill out on intensively reading up on mergers and acquisitions then. Haha

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Just got a rejection from V&E post vac scheme - hope some people hear back with good news. Was my first vac scheme and just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here who has helped me get this far.

Time to get started on those apps for winter vac schemes. Can’t wait to see what the next application cycle holds in store 😎

Last edited:

ssolicitorz

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 3, 2021
Just got a rejection from V&E post vac scheme - hope some people hear back with good news. Was my first vac scheme and just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here who has helped me get this far.

Time to get started on those apps for winter vac schemes. Can’t wait to see what the next application cycle holds in store 😎
Love the optimism- I can tell you're going to get some good news soon so keep going!

• Love
Reactions: Adrian_S

SolSol

Standard Member
Aug 12, 2022
Hello everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying the sun! ☀️

Just would like to ask I completed the WG test for Freshfields this morning, does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you? I’m already stressing … lol

Reactions: Rob93
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.