Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Glad some of my fellow 2012/13 graduates are progressing through the application cycle and closing in on those TCs!

I am in the same boat in terms of the below avg. A-level requirements, however strong legal/commercial and international experience gathered in the meantime has put me in a stronger position alongside heaps of confidence and self-belief. This year I secured x2 vac schemes with city firms (awaiting outcomes for TC offers) and of 6 VS/TC applications this year progressed beyond app for 3 of them so it can be done. The persistence and additional experience that you bring to firms with a few more years work can be invaluable if marketed well!

Fingers cross for your direct apps and those you are still waiting to hear from!

A

I completely agree. I didn't apply for a TC in 2012, I do sometimes wonder what response I would have had!

Well done you! Good luck with the outcome for the ACs!! :)

Reactions: ABC2019

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Did anyone else get the weirdest email from Katten saying they updated their careers page and their window for TC apps is now 14 October 2019 - 28 Feb 2020 and they will review your app then? Not good form at all...

That's terrible. A few firms are really bad at notifying candidates before they actually apply...

Roland

Distinguished Member
    Jan 10, 2019
    Has anyone applied to the government trainee scheme? They said they will announce the outcome of the first stage (situational judgement test) and send out VRT invite today. But I haven’t heard back yet... Has anyone heard back?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.