Book recommendations?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hey everyone! Just wanted to bring this thread back up and ask what you guys have all been reading this past year and what you have found interesting - this includes fiction and non-fiction, commercial-related stuff and books that could not be further from it (we cannot live and breathe commercial awareness guys!!)

Thanks in advance!!

Reactions: George and Jaysen

George

Star Member
Premium Member
Jul 31, 2018
Just finished reading 'Politics: In Between the Extremes' by Nick Clegg. Its a really interesting account (both personal and professional) of his time in the Conservative/ Lib Dem coalition government from 2010 to 2015. He also tries to explain why there has been a rise in people associating with the extreme right and left of the political spectrum in recent years. Really interesting read!

Reactions: Alice G

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Just finished reading 'Politics: In Between the Extremes' by Nick Clegg. Its a really interesting account (both personal and professional) of his time in the Conservative/ Lib Dem coalition government from 2010 to 2015. He also tries to explain why there has been a rise in people associating with the extreme right and left of the political spectrum in recent years. Really interesting read!

Sounds interesting, I will give this a read!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018

Excellent suggestion! I shall take a look at that one too- thank you :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hey guys! Just thought I’d do a little update here. I just got Adam Kay’s new book ‘Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas’ for my birthday and it’s great so far!! Perfect gift for Christmas!

• 🤝
    Reactions: gricole and Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey guys! Just thought I’d do a little update here. I just got Adam Kay’s new book ‘Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas’ for my birthday and it’s great so far!! Perfect gift for Christmas!

I had his old book on Audible!

Currently reading: Zucked: Waking Up to the Facebook Catastrophe.

Reactions: Alice G

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    On a different note, if any of you guys procrastinate like me by watching motivational videos on YouTube...this has to be my favourite:

Feel free to share any videos you find motivating!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden and Soliha

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.