Finance/Banking Experience --> Corporate Law

v123

Valued Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hey guys!

Just looking for some general advice.

I wasn't able to secure a TC this year but I've been offered two jobs: 1) a trade support role at a tier 1 investment bank and 2) a 3-month (law-related) contract role with a financial regulatory body as a document reviewer.

I'm wondering whether you guys think taking one of these roles would support a TC app more than the other and if a 3-month role would look insignificant.

Thanks in advance :)

TFLawyer

Dec 20, 2018
Hey guys!

I wasn't able to secure a TC this year but I've been offered two jobs: 1) a trade support role at a tier 1 investment bank and 2) a 3-month (law-related) contract role with a financial regulatory body as a document reviewer.

I'm wondering whether you guys think taking one of these roles would support a TC app more than the other and if a 3-month role would look insignificant.

Hi, there just wondering as to how you went about finding the trade support job or a tier 1 banking job, as I feel this is something I would like to try outside of law. Many thanks

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hey guys!

Can I ask what your background is as the trade support role sounds very interesting?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.