Future events on an application form

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Hi everyone,

I know this has been asked before but unfortunately, I couldn't find where and I can't remember what was said exactly!

Should you put upcoming events you are attending on your work experience form?

After applying, I have been invited to attend the LawCareersNetLIVE event in December. Is this something I should put on applications now under work experience? If so, should I just leave the details blank?

Thanks!

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Attending CityLawLive is not work experience, but you can put it on your application form somewhere else

Where should I put it as I haven’t actually gained anything from it yet? Perhaps under the additional information question?

Maybe I’ll just leave it out for now.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Where should I put it as I haven’t actually gained anything from it yet? Perhaps under the additional information question?

Maybe I’ll just leave it out for now.

Additional information is a good section. Or if you have to write any motivational sections, a “I will attend the 2019 CityLawLive event” is not a huge use of word count (7 words).

I wouldn’t leave it out if it was me.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.