TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
I recently found about an open day equivalent event at Paul Hastings called 'Inside Look'.

Does anyone know how does one apply / attend? When I search for it on Google nothing comes up. Do I need to attend a specific uni for it?

jomar

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 20, 2022
I recently found about an open day equivalent event at Paul Hastings called 'Inside Look'.

Does anyone know how does one apply / attend? When I search for it on Google nothing comes up. Do I need to attend a specific uni for it?
Applications opened in January, it was a 3-round process, and offers have already been made (to the best of my knowledge).

ssolicitorz

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 3, 2021
I just wanted to share.... 3 application cycles later and I have received a TC offer from Freshfields!!!

Wanted to thank everyone for their words of encouragement and support throughout the years- I joined the forum August 2021, disappointed with my first application cycle in my second year of uni.

Was able to get a vacation scheme in my second cycle but then didn't convert it... then my first 2 AC's this cycle were rejections.

To quote my man Bryson Tiller-

Man, I guess it all worked out
I'm gettin’ to it like clockwork now....

Still hasn't really hit that I won't have to do another application again

Last edited:

Ald

Sep 29, 2022
I just wanted to share.... 3 application cycles later and I have received a TC offer from Freshfields!!!

Wanted to thank everyone for their words of encouragement and support throughout the years- I joined the forum August 2021, disappointed with my first application cycle in my second year of uni.

Was able to get a vacation scheme in my second cycle but then didn't convert it... then my first 2 AC's this cycle were rejections.

Congrats!!!!!!! Was this for 2025 or 2026 start? Xx

Reactions: SuccessfulSolicitor

aleo

Oct 31, 2022

Congratulations!! When was your AC?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

Amazing news! Congratulations!

Excited Happy Birthday GIF

Turnthisstupidfatratyellow

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2021

this is very impressive because of your determination and perseverance!

domino

Premium Member
Feb 13, 2021
Hi everyone, looking for some advice. I'm currently in a very fortunate position where I have just received 2 vacation schemes offers on the same day but they unfortunately overlap slightly. The first offer is with my dream firm and I immediately accepted it, the second offer came a few hours later from a different firm that I am also really interested in. The second VS overlaps with the first one by 2 days - the initial 2 days of the second VS which overlap with the 1st VS are meant to be online induction days. I would love to be able to attend both - does anybody have any experience with a similar situation? Is it okay to ask a firm if you could delay their VS because you have already accepted another VS (both of these are Spring VS and both firms are also holding Summer schemes)? @Jessica Booker do you have any advice regarding this?

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Apologies in advance for this slightly cringy post but I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who helped me through this process - I have received a Direct Training Contract offer from Slaughter and May! Unexpectedly, I received a call from one of the Partners at 8:45pm last night! After rejections, awful WG tests, and being ghosted post-app, I couldn’t be happier with this offer.

As a WOC and someone with no formal legal experience, this is a huge relief. I found the whole process was really enjoyable and the Partners were lovely — while every firm has a reputation, I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly and welcoming they were, so don’t let hearsay dictate where you apply until you’ve experienced the firm yourself!

Wishing all of you the best, I’m sure you will all do great in securing offers. Feel free to PM me if you want any advice RE Slaughters :)
    Hi, congratulations!!! How long after your interview did you recieve the offer? And any idea generally what the post-interview wait time is for Slaughter and May?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.