Deloitte?

6Demetris

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Hello everyone. I am currently at the pre-final stage of Deloitte's new training contract application. I wanted to ask, especially the more senior members, what are their thoughts on such a training contract and whether anyone has any tips as to the questions to be expected in the Job Simulation part of the application process. Thank you.

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
S
Hello everyone. I am currently at the pre-final stage of Deloitte's new training contract application. I wanted to ask, especially the more senior members, what are their thoughts on such a training contract and whether anyone has any tips as to the questions to be expected in the Job Simulation part of the application process. Thank you.

Sat the job simulation this morning. It's basically a more involved version of the immersive assessment. You are given a case study and you work through it in the role of a trainee by giving video, written and ranking answers. Not particularly difficult. Have a think about past experiences and skills that you may want to relate back to.

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
Did either of you get through? What sort of questions did they ask and do you have any tips?

Waiting to hear. I am attending the London University Autumn Careers Evening today. Will hopefully get some advice for the final stage, in case I am successful.

Ayah

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
For anyone following this thread I thought I’d let you know I just received a rejection email this morning for the job simulation. I sat it on 30th September, and emailed yesterday asking when I would receive an update because it had been longer than the stipulated 4 weeks... so maybe I’d advise against emailing them lol.

Reactions: Jaysen

Karin

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    Hi everyone! I am yet to do the Job Simulation - do you have any tips? Is it more competency and scenario-based, or do you also speak about your motivations for pursuing a career at Deloitte?

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Hi everyone! I am yet to do the Job Simulation - do you have any tips? Is it more competency and scenario-based, or do you also speak about your motivations for pursuing a career at Deloitte?

I completed the job sim on the 1/10 and was rejected on the 11/10. It is a scenario-based simulation with a bit of forward-looking competency thrown in. This was my feedback/rejection email:

"We've spent time considering your application, and I ‘m sorry to let you know that you were not successful in the assessment. Unfortunately your responses did not closely enough match the profile we are looking for. We’re looking for individuals who show resilience in challenging situations, are solutions-oriented and can quickly and accurately interpret and manipulate information from multiple sources.

Unfortunately as we receive such a high volume of applications, we aren’t able to offer personalised feedback. Below are some of the typical reasons for a candidate not passing the assessment, although note this is not an exhaustive list.

Reasons include:

• Demonstrating a preference to avoid pressurised situations

• Preferring to solve problems by using existing processes

• Preferring to have information presented clearly and concisely when making a decision"

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.