Norton Rose Fulbright Nrf telephone interview

Elizabeth@1999

Feb 6, 2019
Hi everybody
I have a phone interview soon, could you please share your experience? who was interviewing? what were the questions?

Hi I had a telephone interview for the winter VS. It was with someone from gradrec. They were really nice.

They didn't ask many follow up questions so my advice would be to give your full answer the first time round. It can be unnerving just talking into a phone but don't let it put you off.

Only 4 or so questions- competency (very simple) and commercial (also ones you would expect). Would know why you are interested in NRF too.

The questions were all ones you would expect, so just try to give the best answers you can.

Good luck!

Arash

Dec 11, 2019
Hi I had a telephone interview for the winter VS. It was with someone from gradrec. They were really nice.

They didn't ask many follow up questions so my advice would be to give your full answer the first time round. It can be unnerving just talking into a phone but don't let it put you off.

Only 4 or so questions- competency (very simple) and commercial (also ones you would expect). Would know why you are interested in NRF too.

The questions were all ones you would expect, so just try to give the best answers you can.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot, I think I've been overdoing it a little bit but I'm prepared and fingers crossed.

Arash

Dec 11, 2019
How did it go? Have mine this Friday!
Hi there
Sorry for the late reply, the questions were all sensible and relevant and I think I did well but was rejected although the said it was a good interview but I wasn't detailed enough in my answers, no more feedback was provided and as I was in shock of rejection I didn't go back and ask for more details

Reactions: GM

wwood

Distinguished Member
Jan 19, 2019
Hi there
Sorry for the late reply, the questions were all sensible and relevant and I think I did well but was rejected although the said it was a good interview but I wasn't detailed enough in my answers, no more feedback was provided and as I was in shock of rejection I didn't go back and ask for more details

I'm sorry to hear that. It's kind of strange to me that they don't ask follow-up questions, then say you're not detailed enough! :eek:

GM

Jan 31, 2020
Hi there

Hey Arash,

Thanks for the reply!

I got rejected post phone interview too. I received an automated email stating no further feedback would be given. How did you obtain feedback on yours?

It was quite the disappointment and the fact I received an automated mail after it all felt like a real kick in the teeth :/. Not sure whether to reapply next year.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.