Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi!

Not sure if this is the right place for this cycle but does anyone know if Pinsent Masons recruit on a rolling basis? I can see in the first post that you were unsure Jaysen but not sure if this has changed.

Their new website says both of these things:

"After the deadline, we'll review all the applications and if you're one of the ones who best meet our requirements, we'll ask you to take an online psychometric test."

and

"Please be aware, if a vacancy becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible."

Hopefully, someone might be able to clear this up!

I take that to mean they don't review applications on a rolling basis, but they could close applications before the deadline (so it's still worth applying early).

Reactions: Lumree

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    I take that to mean they don't review applications on a rolling basis, but they could close applications before the deadline (so it's still worth applying early).

Thank you Jaysen. They close in June so I’m aiming for December/January time. Hopefully that’s plenty of time.

J32

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Apr 4, 2019
    I know Weil are rolling this year (spoke to their grad recruitment - they said they start looking at apps from Nov onwards). I'm surprised Skadden changed!

Frank

Valued Member
    Dec 12, 2018
    Thank you.

Skadden is rolling according to their recruitment brochure.
    But still:

Thank you for applying to Skadden. Please treat this email as a confirmation that we have received your application and we will be in touch with you after the application deadline.

Kind regards,
    Graduate Recruitment at Skadden

Saksham Malik

Star Member
    May 26, 2020
    They confirmed that they do not recruit on a rolling basis. All applications are considered after the deadline :)

Hi Jaysen,

You mentioned that the grad recruitment team confirmed that applications are considered after deadline. However, the online brochure mentions that "early submissions are also encouraged as applications are shortlisted on an ongoing basis." What do you make of it? Do you think this is a recent development and they now recruit on a rolling basis?

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi Jaysen,

You mentioned that the grad recruitment team confirmed that applications are considered after deadline. However, the online brochure mentions that "early submissions are also encouraged as applications are shortlisted on an ongoing basis." What do you make of it? Do you think this is a recent development and they now recruit on a rolling basis?
    I suspect this could mean that realistically firms might look at applications and begin to review them on an ongoing basis but they shall not make final decisions and send invites until they have seen all the apps so as to be able to benchmark them properly. I guess it's an honesty point where many firms will have to keep up with the sheer volume and maybe start thinking about which are strong and possible contenders for next stages, but they may not make these final decisions until they have seen everyone's apps and able to ensure they are reviewing holistically and in conjunction with the strength of apps that year.

Saksham Malik

Star Member
    May 26, 2020
    I suspect this could mean that realistically firms might look at applications and begin to review them on an ongoing basis but they shall not make final decisions and send invites until they have seen all the apps so as to be able to benchmark them properly. I guess it's an honesty point where many firms will have to keep up with the sheer volume and maybe start thinking about which are strong and possible contenders for next stages, but they may not make these final decisions until they have seen everyone's apps and able to ensure they are reviewing holistically and in conjunction with the strength of apps that year.

Makes sense. With that in mind, would you suggest taking a shot at the application? Considering Irwin Mitchell opened the applications in November and the deadline is just three weeks away.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.