Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoNo

Legendary Member
Jan 28, 2019
Just got a rejection from a HSF open day. Very weird email saying you need to reach the benchmark for the online test (the open day never required a test). Also it says I had to demonstrate extra-curricular activities, positions of responsibility etc.. when all it required was one question about ‘why you want to apply to a HSF open day?’ Very odd!

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Just got a rejection from a HSF open day. Very weird email saying you need to reach the benchmark for the online test (the open day never required a test). Also it says I had to demonstrate extra-curricular activities, positions of responsibility etc.. when all it required was one question about ‘why you want to apply to a HSF open day?’ Very odd!
Seems a bit weird- maybe they mixed up your app with the VS applications? I would contact Grad Rec if I were you.

Reactions: Daniel Boden and Alice G

Blair

Oct 8, 2019
Hi guys, I got rejected from the Reed Smith vac scheme due to my situational judgement test. I didn’t get any feedback on the test though just an outright rejection. Should I ask for some or do they not give any?

Zsaurcaks1

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 4, 2018
Hi guys, I got rejected from the Reed Smith vac scheme due to my situational judgement test. I didn’t get any feedback on the test though just an outright rejection. Should I ask for some or do they not give any?
Hey! Have you received your feedback report after completing the SJT? If not, you should request it as it contains some information on your main strengths (and might help focus your prep for future SJTs).

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Hey I just passed it so feel free to PM me if you want to compare what options we chose (from what I can remember).

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Ah yes i got rejected last monday - I submitted my app around 20th september got the WG invite around 27th - and a rejection a month later around 28th October ! Hope that helps.

That's really annoying, I'm sorry to hear.
Did you find out what you got in the WG - do you reckon they weight your answer or WG result more?

Jai C.

Esteemed Member
May 15, 2018
Nope - I heard nothing after I did my WG so I assumed I had passed - and the rejection email I got was this

"We have reviewed your application, and regret to inform you that on this occasion you will not be progressed to the next stage. As you will appreciate, we receive high volumes of applications and therefore are unfortunately unable to provide feedback at this stage"

I might contact the HR/Grad Rec and ask for my WG report ..many firms dont give it like CMS they flatly refused which was disspointing

Reactions: Alice G

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Nope - I heard nothing after I did my WG so I assumed I had passed - and the rejection email I got was this

"We have reviewed your application, and regret to inform you that on this occasion you will not be progressed to the next stage. As you will appreciate, we receive high volumes of applications and therefore are unfortunately unable to provide feedback at this stage"

I might contact the HR/Grad Rec and ask for my WG report ..many firms dont give it like CMS they flatly refused which was disspointing
That's really frustrating. Do you think for DLA you just need to pass the WG?

Jai C.

Esteemed Member
May 15, 2018
Honestly, I don't know because on their website it said that they only send WG after reviewing your application so when I received the test invite I thought it was because I had been successful on the app but clearly not lol

S30

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2019
Ah yes i got rejected last monday - I submitted my app around 20th september got the WG invite around 27th - and a rejection a month later around 28th October ! Hope that helps.

Sorry to hear about that Jai. Best of luck for your other applications! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.