Linklaters 2019/20 Application

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
Mine says "On Hold" still, but I did submit almost a few hours before the deadline. Does that mean they haven't viewed my application yet?

On October 14 I got an email saying "We appreciate your patience while we review you for this role." is that separate from the "review" email?

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
I got 60th percentile with 29/40.

Emailed them earlier this week and said I should have answer by tomorrow.

I actually completed the application the day it came out!!

jogabonito

Nov 8, 2019
I submitted mine a couple of days before the deadline, status immediately changed to on hold and no further updates since. I emailed graduate recruitment a couple of days ago asking for my Watson Glaser scores and no response as of yet, assuming they're extremely busy during this period.

Has anyone actually had a firm rejection from them? I know a few AC invites have been given out already, I just want to be put out of my misery either way, felt I performed well on the online tests so the wait is killing me

Plum

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
I submitted mine a couple of days before the deadline, status immediately changed to on hold and no further updates since. I emailed graduate recruitment a couple of days ago asking for my Watson Glaser scores and no response as of yet, assuming they're extremely busy during this period.

Has anyone actually had a firm rejection from them? I know a few AC invites have been given out already, I just want to be put out of my misery either way, felt I performed well on the online tests so the wait is killing me

I can’t help with much but they gave me the WG score a week after my email so they will get back to you eventually. Wishing you all the best!

gigi23

Distinguished Member
Jan 18, 2019
Maybe they haven't rejected anyone in case they choose to have more ACs if they don't find the people they want in the ones they've had?

This is very likely! Not to mention, they may also offer to transfer some people currently still on hold to the Spring Scheme if after the ongoing ACs they find the Winter one to be fully booked.

jogabonito

Nov 8, 2019
This is very likely! Not to mention, they may also offer to transfer some people currently still on hold to the Spring Scheme if after the ongoing ACs they find the Winter one to be fully booked.

The lack of transparency is what annoys me. You may very well be correct in what you're saying, but realistically you've made been forced to make a load of assumptions to explain what's going on to yourself instead of them communicating anything to you.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.