International student - no equivalent GCSE/A-levels

Laura T

May 30, 2019
Hi guys, just a question for international students who have applied for VC/TC. How did you fill out the secondary education section? I am a Dutch student and our high school education system does not have an equivalent of GCSE/A-levels. In fact, we have a single final examination during and at the end of the 6th year of high school. Thanks!

Abstruser

Legendary Member
Trainee
Jul 19, 2018
I would just fill it in as best you can - put your subject grades as they were graded in your country, and usually there’s an option where you can select ‘Other’ when it asks you to choose what type of secondary qualification it was (eg, A or O levels). There’s also usually a section where you can explain your education, so I’d just include a brief summary explaining how your subjects were graded (eg, 1 - 90%, 2 - 80% and so on).

hope this helps.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.