Status
Not open for further replies.

Penelope

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    Just emailed today.

In the email, they mentioned they would respond in a few weeks time + they are running their winter vacation schemes now.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t hear back until January.

Thanks. I have applied to the winter VS so hopefully that means I should hear back in the next few weeks. Good luck!

Caitlin

Distinguished Member
    Mar 26, 2019
    Does anyone know if Ashurst review before sending their online tests? I applied over 2 weeks ago for (for winter VS) and still haven't received the tests... getting concerned as I know the scheme is only in a few weeks!

Mohammed

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 30, 2018
    Does anyone know if Ashurst review before sending their online tests? I applied over 2 weeks ago for (for winter VS) and still haven't received the tests... getting concerned as I know the scheme is only in a few weeks!

Hi Caitlin.

I sent my application on the 26th October, and the email confirmation says they review your application and will be shortlisted to go through to online testing. I then received the invite for online tests on the 29th October which suggests maybe they did review it as it wasn't immediate like some other law firms I have applied to, but it was still pretty quick so not to sure. Also, maybe check your spam/junk folder as my invite for the tests ended up there. If not, consider emailing grad rec. I am also getting slightly concerned since I completed the tests two weeks ago and haven't yet heard anything. Best of Luck with your applications though!

FutureCity

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Dec 23, 2018
    My friend applied to Shearman, received a rejection Thursday afternoon.

Was this for the winter or summer? I applied for winter and haven’t heard anything back. Some people have apparently been interviewed (even before the deadline) so I don’t know what position I am in haha

CA98

Nov 11, 2019
    Yes, but hopefully positive haha
    Hi pal,
    Don’t want to be the bearer of bad news or anything but I’ve been made an offer for Shearman’s winter vac scheme so if you haven’t heard about an interview yet I think it might be unlikely - they might be putting you over to the spring one if they thought you were at the right standard but had too many applicants - good luck either way!

Reactions: Alice G

FutureCity

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Dec 23, 2018
    Hi pal,
    Don’t want to be the bearer of bad news or anything but I’ve been made an offer for Shearman’s winter vac scheme so if you haven’t heard about an interview yet I think it might be unlikely - they might be putting you over to the spring one if they thought you were at the right standard but had too many applicants - good luck either way!

Congratulations on getting through! Best of luck in the vacation scheme.

• 🤝
    Reactions: CA98

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi pal,
    Best of luck with the scheme! My best advice would be: be yourself and also have confidence in yourself too! It’s such an enjoyable two weeks and I made two friends on my scheme who are now future trainees who are just the most wonderful people! I had the best time sat in their tax department, it’s a small team but I had the most incredible supervisor who’s a senior associate there so would definitely recommend you consider that if you get asked for seat preferences!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.