Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
4597F74C-E6B5-4476-8586-1D43B97D0B8F.jpeg 870498D5-EB0C-4075-8937-8AE3C77DA04F.jpeg

just got VS offer from DLA! - just wonderinf if anyone has any vague idea of the offer rates on VS', or even better for DLA's in particular. Are they upwards of 70/80%? Or lower than 50%? I have no idea whatsoever! Thanks in advance. Could you help at all please @Jessica Booker ? Thanks

I don’t know individual firm’s details unfortunately.

would say though, this is likely to change. Just because it may have been 50% last year, doesn’t mean it can’t be 100% (or 0%) the following year.

good gauge is to look at the number of VS places in a year compared to the number of TC vacancies. That will give you some indication.

Also attached are some stats (even if they are super old now)

EDIT

just realise you probably actually mean offer of interview to vac scheme... if the case, don’t concern yourself with that. It doesn’t mean anything about you as an individual.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey guys!! just got an email from Freshfields to say I got a place on the grad workshop! So happy and hope you guys who applied heard back positively. Would be so nice to meet some of you there!

great news - I recruited some of my best trainees from the Freshfields open days ;)

• 🤝
Reactions: Alice G

J Wu

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
Just received word that I have a place on Clifford Chance's open day next Wednesday (27th Nov)! Is anyone else going? It would be good to meet some of you

alohalo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hi, sorry I meant what stage of the application were you at?

My response times for 2020 application were as follows:

August 23rd: Submitted Application
September 4th: Invite to SJT
October 2nd: Invite to Assessment
October 31st: Assessment
November 14th: Offer

Sorry, my bad!
20th Oct: Submitted App
20th Oct: Invite to SJT / Confirmation that I progressed to review stage
[nothing since!!]

D

Deleted member 2707

just got VS offer from DLA! - just wonderinf if anyone has any vague idea of the offer rates on VS', or even better for DLA's in particular. Are they upwards of 70/80%? Or lower than 50%? I have no idea whatsoever! Thanks in advance. Could you help at all please @Jessica Booker ? Thanks

Hi! I was wondering if you submitted a cover letter with your application? :) Congratulations on your offer

Ella D

Sep 11, 2019
Has anyone else not heard anything from Ashurst post-tests for Winter VS? I assume they have filled all their places now but am wondering why I haven't heard since doing the tests on 27/10

Rufanacht

Standard Member
Sep 6, 2019
Has anyone heard back from Stephenson Harwood post-interview? They told me they'd let me know within a week and even though I've only been waiting nine days I'm guessing the wait doesn't bode well...

Reactions: Ella D
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.