Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Also, for those applying to Travers Smith, I received this note today: "In terms of when we will get back to you, we are yet to begin processing applications for the summer, because, as you say, we are focused on the winter scheme currently.

We will update everyone who has applied in the new year, to let you know where we are at with processing, and should be able to get back to you within a month or two after that. It does just depend on how busy we are and how quickly we can process (there are only 3 of us in the team)."

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Lumree and Alice G

nyasha

Nov 3, 2018
    Has anyone heard anything from BCLP yet or know when they’ll start sending out responses? I saw something somewhere about them starting to respond towards the end of November...

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Has anyone heard anything from BCLP yet or know when they’ll start sending out responses? I saw something somewhere about them starting to respond towards the end of November...

Hey I applied on 7 October and haven’t heard anything yet. Not sure when they’ll start getting back to us, fingers crossed it’s soon

Reactions: nyasha

L.M.P

Star Member
    Jan 24, 2019
    Hey guys! I don't know if this is the right place to post this but does anyone knows which firms, apart from A&O, are hiring for a 2021 TC? :) Thanks in advance for your help!

EZ_D

• Nov 27, 2018
    Hiya,

I received an email from NRF regarding their winter vacation scheme. It stated that they had already filled up all spaces for the winter scheme but 'as an exception', they allowed me to reapply for the spring scheme. Does anyone know if this is just a generic response sent to all unsuccessful applicants? (I have yet to take the WG test, telephone interview etc. I only submitted my application)

Thanks!

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    Hiya,

I received an email from NRF regarding their winter vacation scheme. It stated that they had already filled up all spaces for the winter scheme but 'as an exception', they allowed me to reapply for the spring scheme. Does anyone know if this is just a generic response sent to all unsuccessful applicants? (I have yet to take the WG test, telephone interview etc. I only submitted my application)

Thanks!
    I got the same email and I emailed back and they said they assume they didn't read my application as the positions were already filled.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: EZ_D

gigi23

Distinguished Member
    Jan 18, 2019
    I heard back from Bristows yesterday about their winter workshop. Does anyone have any tips for their video interview?

I don't remember my VI super super well but I do know it was fairly straightfoward like Why law, Why you, Why Bristows although not worded that way. My main tip is to relax and have a few arguments ready for those questions without having too much of a pre-written answer either so you can be flexible when the question is worded differently. Also relax, I know VIs are super stressful but if you can smile a bit that really helps. My personal experience from last year was that Bristows are very focused on your personality. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.