Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

A98

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
Hi, does anyone have any tips for Weil VI? or how they distinguish themselves from their competitors like Kirkland or Latham? Anything will be helpful :) Thanks!

Samar

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 28, 2019
Also just got a rejection from A&O. Absolutely gutted as you become so invested in firms through the process because of all the time you have to put in getting to know them etc. Trying to be fine about it but also doesn't make it any easier when you thought it was one of your best apps!

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Also just got a rejection from A&O. Absolutely gutted as you become so invested in firms through the process because of all the time you have to put in getting to know them etc. Trying to be fine about it but also doesn't make it any easier when you thought it was one of your best apps!

I agree - you do become invested.

I thought my app was good to be honest and I was genuinely interested in the change in the legal sector I wrote about. I have noticed a correlation between applications that I am successful in vs apps I am not successful in....I always seem to do better in apps where there are more questions related to why law/why this firm. Maybe just a coincidence...

Ah well - there are plenty of really amazing firms that we would love to work at who have not rejected us, so no point dwelling!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Alice G, Jaysen and Samar

Samar

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 28, 2019
    I agree - you do become invested.

I thought my app was good to be honest and I was genuinely interested in the change in the legal sector I wrote about. I have noticed a correlation between applications that I am successful in vs apps I am not successful in....I always seem to do better in apps where there are more questions related to why law/why this firm. Maybe just a coincidence...

Ah well - there are plenty of really amazing firms that we would love to work at who have not rejected us, so no point dwelling!

So true Camilla! It was my first one so am unsure about my correlation yet - I'm sure there will be a pattern of some kind haha! Name a process that tests your resilience more eh?!

Good luck with the rest of your apps!!

Reactions: Alice G

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    So true Camilla! It was my first one so am unsure about my correlation yet - I'm sure there will be a pattern of some kind haha! Name a process that tests your resilience more eh?!

Good luck with the rest of your apps!!

Oh your first one? Sorry to hear that. I remember how the first rejection felt. It gets easier and it is all part of the process - I am sure you already know that. Make sure you don't take it personally and just use the rejection as a chance to grow. Good luck to you too! :)

Reactions: Samar
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.