Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Around 5th November, they got back to me a few days ago. First application cycle, not sure what im doing lol, never been to an AC or interview.
Don’t allow that to bother you, they’re clearly interested in you and it’s your chance to show them how great you are! Prep well but not having experience will not hinder you in the slightest, really best of luck and feel free to message me with any questions you may have about ACs generally :)

Corporatepal

Sep 20, 2019
Don’t allow that to bother you, they’re clearly interested in you and it’s your chance to show them how great you are! Prep well but not having experience will not hinder you in the slightest, really best of luck and feel free to message me with any questions you may have about ACs generally :)

Thanks Alice! I've pmed you.

• 🤝
Reactions: Alice G

Castelli99

Esteemed Member
May 12, 2019
Just wondering how accomodating firms usually are with transfering applications (e.g. from summer to spring) - it is at firm that i have reached the AC stage with - do i just e-mail grad rec and ask to move?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Just wondering how accomodating firms usually are with transfering applications (e.g. from summer to spring) - it is at firm that i have reached the AC stage with - do i just e-mail grad rec and ask to move?
I would advise you to do the AC and wait for an offer to see if you can switch from one to the other. Trying to switch from summer to spring maybe more tough given the order in which most firms will recruit but I switched from spring to summer last year without any issues.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Any tips on how to improve on WG tests? Thanks
I always preach about the how2become critical thinking tests book available on Amazon. Check the images and content available on Amazon to ensure it covers the WG sections such as evaluating arguments and inferences. It walks you through all five sections with examples and has more practice tests at the back. It boosted my scores significantly and I’ve found it amazing to refer back to and refresh my brain with before I do another test.
Would also recommend doing the test available on CC’s website and marking down your answers on paper. I then go back through the test and note my responses and see the difference in percentile. That way you can start to understand which answers are right and wrong when you’ve done it several times over.

Penelope

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    I always preach about the how2become critical thinking tests book available on Amazon. Check the images and content available on Amazon to ensure it covers the WG sections such as evaluating arguments and inferences. It walks you through all five sections with examples and has more practice tests at the back. It boosted my scores significantly and I’ve found it amazing to refer back to and refresh my brain with before I do another test.
    Would also recommend doing the test available on CC’s website and marking down your answers on paper. I then go back through the test and note my responses and see the difference in percentile. That way you can start to understand which answers are right and wrong when you’ve done it several times over.
    Thanks so much!

Reactions: Alice G
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.