Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Wu

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
Anyone know if you are told immediately/within few days if you have failed Mayer Brown's tests?
A few days after taking the tests, you'll receive a report with a high-level overview of your VRT performance and your strengths from the SJT.

There are no set timings after that but it'll be a longer wait if you did not meet the minimum benchmark.

Castelli99

Esteemed Member
May 12, 2019
A few days after taking the tests, you'll receive a report with a high-level overview of your VRT performance and your strengths from the SJT.

There are no set timings after that but it'll be a longer wait if you did not meet the minimum benchmark.

Thanks - I guess no news is good news then!

SD

Standard Member
Aug 6, 2019
Hello all!
I submitted my A&O TC app yesterday and I am still waiting for the link to the SJT. Is anybody in the same situation? Scoping this out before sending a message to grad recruitment ...

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hello all!
I submitted my A&O TC app yesterday and I am still waiting for the link to the SJT. Is anybody in the same situation? Scoping this out before sending a message to grad recruitment ...
I’m doing a final proof and submitting probably first thing tomorrow after a final brief scour, can let you know then? Sorry I can’t help further

nina_123

Distinguished Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi!

For Hogan Lovells Vacation Scheme app, are they assessed based on both the written app + WG or do you only receive the WG if you pass the written app stage?

Thank you! :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi!

For Hogan Lovells Vacation Scheme app, are they assessed based on both the written app + WG or do you only receive the WG if you pass the written app stage?

Thank you! :)
I think WG for them is sent to all applicants and they do have a benchmark which I think means they’ll then review the app. I could be wrong but that’s what I’ve gauged in my experience.

Reactions: Daniel Boden and nina_123

SD

Standard Member
Aug 6, 2019
I’m doing a final proof and submitting probably first thing tomorrow after a final brief scour, can let you know then? Sorry I can’t help further
Hi Alice! That would be
Hi Alice! Thank you that would be great! From what I have read, it seems like candidates received the link very quickly. If ever I don't receive it by COB tomorrow I'll send them an email. I'll keep you posted on my end as well!

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
I have an interview coming up and one of the questions is:
If you could change any law, what would you change and why?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I mean this is a really personal thing. What law would you like changed? Why?

You could approach it in so many different ways. For example, tackling injustice in society, or going the opposite route and allowing businesses to grow even further in exploiting the working class because you believe in trickle down economics. Think about areas of law you want shifted, not a specific parliamentary act per se.

Reactions: Salma and gigi23

R97

Mar 8, 2018
I have an interview coming up and one of the questions is:
If you could change any law, what would you change and why?

Does anyone have any ideas?

got asked this at Jones Day - they are really just looking to see how you justify your decision

I talked about abolishing the new dishonesty test in criminal law - I found by selecting a controversial provision, this allows the interviewer to question you and also allows you to show good debate skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.