DLA Piper Application

• Thread starter Deleted member 2707
  • Start date

JoNo

Legendary Member
Jan 28, 2019
can you check the status of your application by logging back into your application? If so do that rather than contact them. If not, then contact them maybe next week/or the week after.

Hi Jessica

I just checked it says the following;

Job Status: Active (Accepting Job Submissions) - it’s under the completed submissions section.

It’s been on this status for couple weeks now?

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
Commercial Writer
Junior Lawyer
Jun 24, 2018
Hey, they started open days this week which may be why it's taking a while to review applications. They were encouraging applicants to still apply at the open day on Tuesday and I know someone who applied on the deadline who is now a trainee, so I wouldn't panic that they've already filled all the places!!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Jessica

I just checked it says the following;

Job Status: Active (Accepting Job Submissions) - it’s under the completed submissions section.

It’s been on this status for couple weeks now?

That’s fairly normal, but if you are worried give them a call next week.

Reactions: JoNo

NSinger

Esteemed Member
  • Dec 21, 2019
    Is the DLA Piper Watson Glaser test automated?
    Or do they pre-screen your app and only if you are successful at application stage you are sent the Watson Glaser?

Their website says:
    If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete the Watson Glaser critical thinking test

So I assume this means the application is screened beforehand.

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Do you need to complete the Watson Glaser before the deadline? I have submitted my application but haven’t received an email to complete the Watson Glaser test.
    Hi, I asked graduate recruitment and it seems you can still complete the wg test after the deadline, as long as you submitted your application before the deadline.

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: Eledoya

Lawyerwithadream

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 8, 2019
    Hi, I asked graduate recruitment and it seems you can still complete the wg test after the deadline, as long as you submitted your application before the deadline.

Hope that helps :)
    Hi Flora,

do you know whether I have to stick to the characters or the word limit?
    I had to reduce my word count of 250 as it exceeded the character limit of 1500 stated. However, when I tried to save it an alert stated the maximum character was 1600. I managed to cut it down to 1538 characters. Do you have any insight on whether I need to stick to the 1500 or 1600 character reference?

Judy :)

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Hi Flora,

do you know whether I have to stick to the characters or the word limit?
    I had to reduce my word count of 250 as it exceeded the character limit of 1500 stated. However, when I tried to save it an alert stated the maximum character was 1600. I managed to cut it down to 1538 characters. Do you have any insight on whether I need to stick to the 1500 or 1600 character reference?

Judy :)

Sorry Judy only just seen this. I was slightly confused about this too but mine allowed me to save it all so I hope it hasn't cut any off! Think mine was about 244 words.

Reactions: Lawyerwithadream

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.