Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
You have to request it from grad rec. I’m sure it wasn’t as bad as it seemed! It always seems worse in the moment
I’ve asked, thanks John for your response!! I just really find some questions hard and I’ve been worried because I know some people have had excellent scores but the percentiles have been tricky. The WG always makes me nervous :D

Corporatepal

Sep 20, 2019
I’ve asked, thanks John for your response!! I just really find some questions hard and I’ve been worried because I know some people have had excellent scores but the percentiles have been tricky. The WG always makes me nervous :D

Yeah the percentiles do vary quite a bit, as I done the test for the winter scheme. For example, I got 32/40 but only 53rd percentile whereas someone got the same score but 85th percentile.

Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Yeah the percentiles do vary quite a bit, as I done the test for the winter scheme. For example, I got 32/40 but only 53rd percentile whereas someone got the same score but 85th percentile.
I know I actually saw that thread a month or so back and that’s what I mean. There were a few questions I’ve almost definitely messed up so just anxious to see. There is one statement and subsequent questions that with all the time in the world I just can’t get and sadly it came up :(

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Also received this update from White & Case following on from my summer vac scheme application if anyone else is wondering why they haven't heard anything:

Thank you for submitting your application for a vacation scheme with White & Case.

We just wanted to get in contact to let you know that your application is still under consideration, and we are very much looking forward to reading your covering letter.

We appreciate your patience, and we will be in contact in the New Year to let you know the outcome.

In the meantime, we thought you might find it interesting to read an insightful article from Millie, a future trainee who has recently completed a vacation scheme.

https://inside.whitecase.com/articles/future-trainee-millicent-london-vacation-scheme

Wishing you a great winter break.

Kind regards,

Graduate Resourcing & Development team
    White & Case LLP

Reactions: J32 and mlaw1234

Faye

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Hi guys, bit late to the party (I've been away for a couple of days!) but I was lucky enough to receive a CC AC invitation on Wednesday! If anyone has any advice/has done it before please message me :)

Really sorry to hear about all the rejections earlier in this thread - I do strongly believe that there's a firm for everyone, and I suppose with only 600 (?) words on extracurricular activities and greatest achievement, there's a lot more about us which graduate recruitment couldn't see.
    If it helps, I did attend a CC open day and made myself known to graduate recruitment, as I had organised a few events with them before. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.