What makes Ashurst different?

B1806

Distinguished Member
Dec 31, 2019
I've looked at what practices they're good at and I don't see anything that I can latch onto. Legal 500 seems to suggest they're good at energy and project finance, whereas other sources suggest they have a strong corporate side.

I met an associate from the firm a while ago (thankfully remembered their name and background!), but I didn't really get a concise answer as to what the biggest distinguisher is.

Does anyone have any experience or insight as to what really distinguishes them (I'm looking for something along the lines of a particularly strong practice area like Kirkland, a unique business model like Macfarlanes, Slaughters and Travers Smith, etc.)

Thanks!

Abstruser

Legendary Member
Trainee
Jul 19, 2018
I've looked at what practices they're good at and I don't see anything that I can latch onto. Legal 500 seems to suggest they're good at energy and project finance, whereas other sources suggest they have a strong corporate side.

I met an associate from the firm a while ago (thankfully remembered their name and background!), but I didn't really get a concise answer as to what the biggest distinguisher is.

Does anyone have any experience or insight as to what really distinguishes them (I'm looking for something along the lines of a particularly strong practice area like Kirkland, a unique business model like Macfarlanes, Slaughters and Travers Smith, etc.)

Thanks!

I would venture to say that Ashurst has a particularly strong practice in projects and infrastructure. I talked about it a lot in my (successful) application and interview last year.

B1806

Distinguished Member
Dec 31, 2019
I would venture to say that Ashurst has a particularly strong practice in projects and infrastructure. I talked about it a lot in my (successful) application and interview last year.
How did you include it in your application aside from just saying how neat it is that they're good at it? Did you talk about why that's interesting to you, did you deal-drop?

Thanks for the reply :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.